Vintage fuse block upgrade: $12

Gixxus Christ!

So my old ass cb750 had all original electronics. Fine for 1973. Not so cool for 2015. I upgraded to a solid state regulator-rectifier from the old mechanical unit, then I looked at the snotty old glass fuses and they just didn't match. Pulled this off on the cheap, not by design just worked out that way.

$7 EBay 4 circuit blade style fuse block and a $5 pack of insulated terminal connectors.

20150612_125304_HDR.jpg

20150612_125756_HDR.jpg

20150612_131516_HDR.jpg

Ridiculously easy and cheap mod for any vintage scoot. The fuse block Even has a waterproof clear cover with o ring. Has extra circuit for farkle lights or I just keep a spare 15 amp main fuse in it.

Best part was I did it inside in the air conditioning.

Think it will be ok with just that single mounting point? I've always had stuff break off using a single mount. Dang vibration. The wiring should be a bit of a vibration dampener.

Will see. The only problem was there wasn't much of a good place to mount it without just yanking the old slab out and re doing everything. Maybe I'll grab some self tapping screws this week and try going straight into the side of the battery box.