RC213v-s

zx3vfr

There's a track kit or whatever that unlocks the whole 212 horsepower, but six figures for that bike is pants-on-head retarded. Yes, it's light... but so is the 1199 Panigale and i can't imagine it being THAT much faster. For that price i'd expect the space-magic seamless gearbox.

There's a track kit or whatever that unlocks the whole 212 horsepower, but six figures for that bike is pants-on-head retarded. Yes, it's light... but so is the 1199 Panigale and i can't imagine it being THAT much faster. For that price i'd expect the space-magic seamless gearbox.

The story I read said the track kit was 12k and not available in the US

Honda Sucks. They're so full of themselves it makes me gag. Seems like the price is a little high considering things like Panagale, S1000rr, R1, H2, H2R, ZX10r, RSV1000. Bloody Hell, you could buy one of each & still have quite a bit left over. Ex Honda enthusiast here.

I hope this is Honda stepping up there game at the world and national superbike series. Honda has been non existent in production based racing since the RC51 and it would be great for them to return to the uber cool days of the RC30/45. I hear rumers of Kawasaki and Honda coming back with factory teams in AMA, maybe this will be Hondas ride.

We have enough talent between all the classes in AMA to bring up some fast guys, give them factory rides and fill a competitive grid in superbike.

Edited by whaler

Everyone is missing the point...the bike is being sold as one bike globally, where there are mandated maximum HP limits, such as France which is 100HP. If you can afford the bike, you can also afford the ECU wich unleashes all the HP. All of the old school built for superbike bikes were like this back in the day...you had to upgrade cams and ECU/Spark box to get power.

I still think it's a way to up Honda's superbike game and keep selling the looooong in the tooth CBR line to the general public. When is the last time Honda sold a superbike that was top of the food chain off the showroom floor? ...never!

It sounds like it could almost be raced in Moto GP by a satellite team (with race kit).

It still makes no sense why it's a street version that's dumbed down to make less hp that a 12 year old CBR600RR.

Why not sell it in full power mode as "off road only" like the H2R?

When is the last time Honda sold a superbike that was top of the food chain off the showroom floor? ...never!

Blackbird... arguably Magna... albeit that wasn't really a "superbike" so much as a suicide solution.

Edited by Ryan_c_F

It sounds like it could almost be raced in Moto GP by a satellite team (with race kit).

It still makes no sense why it's a street version that's dumbed down to make less hp that a 12 year old CBR600RR.

Why not sell it in full power mode as "off road only" like the H2R?

Because Honda's sporting motorcycle design team is not designing for the American market.

If they were, the Interceptor would make decent power, the DN-01 never would have been made, the Vultus would have the 1200cc V4, and the CBR1000RR and the 600RR would have traction control. However, we have none of those things, because Honda is devoting design teams to another 1300CC scooter-cruiser hybrid that resembles an obese bee's face.

^^

I agree that the US market is no longer a top priority for Honda.  But the power limitation is US specific (there are other power limitations for other countries), why bother making this bike, with a true GP style exhaust, noise compliant to US regulations by limiting power??  Just uncork it as off road only and bypass all that nonsense.

A $185k street bike...with real Moto GP tech...a thoroughbred race motor that's artificially restricted to only make about 100hp?!?!   How many things are wrong with that sentence, besides the grammar mistakes? 

If Honda were an alcoholic, this would be their cry for help.

Tpoppa.. they will not even sell the race package to the US market.. its is unavailable.. so everything woul have to be fab'd or done via ECU changes.. which then would void the warranty on it.. not to meantion Honda stated that  each bike sold would have to be kept in strict conditions.. EG climate controlled garages  and only serviced by Honda race techs.. at your expense haha

Have you ridden one? My cb1000r is a fucking blast and I have zero complaints... It'll keep up with the cbr up to 100, and being a naked bike it's not like you need to do much more on a regular basis... The torque curve is insane on this bike, most fun bike to ride I've owned... Don't need to wring it's neck to get to the power... You can definitely tell it's a 1k

Edited by Steve Butters