Assen motogp final corner

jschaf

Yes, he went back to the 2014 frame...sounds like the frame and suspension setup might have something to do with some of his overall performance so far this year.  Who knows???  Yamaha seems to have really dialed in their new bike and suspension this year.

Not ripping on anyone with a stock Ducati...they're awesome machines......but it's amazing that Rossi went from champion to nearly a has-been and back to champion as he's jumped from Yamaha to Ducati and back. I absolutely love watching that guy race.

This.  

Seems like Honda and/or Marquez lost the 'secret sauce' they had last year.

I think it's a combination of the other bikes getting better, and Marquez's luck running out.   I'm not saying he's won in the past because he's gotten lucky, I'm saying that he had an unbelievable 2-year streak where everything went his way when others weren't so consistently fortunate.  That seems to be catching up to him now.  It was bound to happen, and now we all can see he's just as human as anyone else on the grid.  My favorite part of this season has been seeing Marquez deal with the adversity - not because I dislike Marquez, but because it makes the race a lot more entertaining.  I still get chills watching that video of him crashing in qualifying, sprint to his garage, and then take one last desperate flying lap to put it on pole.

I loved Marc's post race interview when he said that Rossi caused the bump. Based on the reaction of Rossi when they touched, he had no clue Marc was there.

Rossi "caused" the bump by running the normal line....the same line Marc ran the previous lap.

Marc was trying to straight up block through the chicane, come in hot, blow the exit, force Rossi wide and pinch him off through the left.... Marc just didn't forsee the contact/excusse for Rossi to cut the corner and go dirtbiking straight through. 

I guess Craig is kinda like Rossi.  At least once per season you find him off the side of the track in an "off road" excursion.  However not because someone like Mr. Hill bumped him and put him there. But because he ran out of gas :)  

I guess Craig is kinda like Rossi.  At least once per season you find him off the side of the track in an "off road" excursion.  However not because someone like Mr. Hill bumped him and put him there. But because he ran out of gas :)

Hasn't happened this year. :) 

i think young buck marquez is finding out the hard way that rare instance when a phenomenal talent meets his future (more experienced) self in real life.  though on the other side of the coin, rossi is thinking the same thing (so THIS is what it was like racing me back in the day).

for us, VERY entertaining.  the shot in the arm that motoGP needed, in my mind.  it will be sad when rossi hangs it up but by then should be interesting with some of the crazy kids in moto2 come up.

I would like to see some of the veteran back markers get moved to difference classes or series and let some of the new talent shine.  Nicky Hayden was a GP world champ and AMA champ... but i think his GP days are over.  I would like to see him in WSBK, AMA Flat track, Moto America or somewhere he could still showcase his talent.   Colin Edwards made the right call when he did... how long can you circulate in the back and still feel good about your sponsors ect.

• Upvote 1

I agree this last 2 laps of the GP race were great..... BUT if you want action packed on every lap, you need to watch Moto3!!!! :D   

Unfortunately I haven't watched it this year, but Moto3 is crazy....it is almost like chess trying to set positions leading up to the final turn/run onto the straight.