Waterproof pants with armor

OH650R

• 4 weeks later...

Just a note for those considering...

I bought the same pants several years ago and have ridden in them many times.  These are constructed of VERY HEAVY material and quite hot for any temps over about 70 deg.  Also note that, while the title states "Waterproof", they are listed as "water-resistant" in the text description, which is prolly more accurate.  As for price, they are well built and a good value for the money and make a great 3-season pant--fall/winter/spring--but not for summer.

Edited by Bubba

Just a note for those considering...

I bought the same pants several years ago and have ridden in them many times. These are constructed of VERY HEAVY material and quite hot for any temps over about 70 deg. Also note that, while the title states "Waterproof", they are listed as "water-resistant" in the text description, which is prolly more accurate. As for price, they are well built and a good value for the money and make a great 3-season pant--fall/winter/spring--but not for summer.

Definitely not for me then, my bike throws a ton of heat at my legs.

Bubba's right, it's hard to call anything "waterproof", so water resistant is more accurate.  I just copied the title from the website.  They are a bit thicker, but there is a removable quilted lining.  Riding in warmer temps would not be recommended.  I bought thinking I would wear over my work pants to work so I wouldn't have to change, but I found changing out of jeans to be more convenient for me.