Shoei Photochromic Transition Shield

RidersDiscount

You've been patiently waiting since Shoei released hints of a transition shield.  Well, good news.  It's here!  The much anticipated, eagerly awaited, Shoei Photochromic transition shield is going to be here at Riders Discount this Friday. We are taking pre-orders now and will ship Friday. 

shoei_shield_cwr-1_photochromic_2.jpg

The Shoei Photochromic transition shield is available to purchase through our website with retail at $169.99.  If you need help placing your order, or have any questions about the product, feel free to give MIKE a call at 866.931.6644 ext. 804.  Is email more convenient?  Send us a private message through this forum or write to us at FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM, and we'll get back to you right away!

Shoei has teamed up with Transitions Optical, the industry leader of photochromic technology to produce a self-tinting shield of their own for the RF-1200 helmets. 

Tinted on the left, clear on the right.

shoei_shield_cwr-1_photochromic_3.jpg

What's great about the Shoei Photochromic shield other than the fact that it is Pinlock ready, is that it is designed to meet industry standard impact resistance.  Unlike other transition shields, the Shoei Photochromic transition shield will better handle road debris chucked at your face. 

shoei_shield_cwr-1_photochromic_4.jpg

Shoei's Photochromic Transition shield got just as dark as their dark smoke shield with just 23% light transmission in under two minutes time.  This means that by the time you walk out to your bike, put your helmet and gloves on, your new shield will have already adapted to the current light conditions.  

Can you tell which one is the Photochromic shield and which is the standard dark smoke shield? 

shoei_shield_cwr-1_photochromic_5.jpg

No longer will you have to carry a second shield with you or worry about making it home in time before the sun goes down.  Order the Shoei Photochromic transition shield from Riders Discount today!

This is a great idea! A little pricey considering but i can see myself getting one in the near future.

Yes, it is sweet. We only had a few come in months ago and grabbed one to takes some pictures, impressed. 

I have this on mine... Money well spent!!!

Gets dark before I'm even rolling and I can finally see at night without being blinded during the day... Already spent about 400 on the helmet, why go cheap now was my thought... Glad I did it

Thanks for the feedback! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...