Royal Enfields

JustinNck1

Hey guys, I have been eye balling around looking for a second bike for commuting to work. I really like the looks of the New Royal Enfield Continental GT. I noticed there's a dealer in Zanesville. I was wondering if anyone has ever rode one of these newer Royal Enfields. I am kinda concerned of the lack of power in them for riding on highways.

Gotten a lot of pretty positive exposure in the motorcycle trade mags in the last few years.  Bottom line, if you're looking for the latest/greatest technology and sophistication, buy something Japanese/German/Italian.  That's definitely NOT the buyer the Enfield is gonna attract.  It's a good looking--in a classic 60s way--basic motorcycle that'll get you where you want to go in relative comfort and style without seeing your same bike coming and going around every turn.  There's a guy who rides one to the Sat morning Fuel&Coffee meet in Cinti and it's a very pretty motorcycle!!!  If you're thinking of it as a commuter, it certainly will do the job; if you're thinking of using it two-up touring the Rockies, look elsewhere.  But hey, I've worked my way thru a succession of 70s vintage Z1s, a couple of H-D FXRs, a '95 GPZ1100, late model CBR1KRR, FJR, and Zed1K, and my only bike currently, and one that brings me the most fun railing backwoods or riding week-long tours with luggage is a 650 WeeStrom....so what do I know about motorcycles?

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/royal-enfield/2014-royal-enfield-continental-gt-review.html

Edited by Bubba

Gotten a lot of pretty positive exposure in the motorcycle trade mags in the last few years.  Bottom line, if you're looking for the latest/greatest technology and sophistication, buy something Japanese/German/Italian.  That's definitely NOT the buyer the Enfield is gonna attract.  It's a good looking--in a classic 60s way--basic motorcycle that'll get you where you want to go in relative comfort and style without seeing your same bike coming and going around every turn.  There's a guy who rides one to the Sat morning Fuel&Coffee meet in Cinti and it's a very pretty motorcycle!!!  If you're thinking of it as a commuter, it certainly will do the job; if you're thinking of using it two-up touring the Rockies, look elsewhere.  But hey, I've worked my way thru a succession of 70s vintage Z1s, a couple of H-D FXRs, a '95 GPZ1100, late model CBR1KRR, FJR, and Zed1K, and my only bike currently, and one that brings me the most fun railing backwoods or riding week-long tours with luggage is a 650 WeeStrom....so what do I know about motorcycles?

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/royal-enfield/2014-royal-enfield-continental-gt-review.html

Oh, my FJR is not going anywhere. It's an awesome touring machine and can tear up the twisties with no issue. I'm just thinking something to hop on to go to work and ride to cruise ins and stuff. I debated on finding an old xs650 or cb, but it would be cool to have a retro bike with fuel injection, brembos, etc. I might see if I can get a test ride on one of these.