Bad, what else to say? Warning graphic accident

motocat12

IMO, the worst drivers are females mid 30s to mid 40s with kids packed in the back of mini vans.

Then males 16-29. Male hemisphere of the brain for judgement is not fully developed until about 30.

Then the elderly.

I fully support written exams upon renewal every 10 years until 60, then 65-75 a written and physical driving exam evry 5 and after 75 biyearly written and physical driving exams.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

65 is pretty arbitrary. Why not really teach people proper driving skills & have more stringent testing from the start. Why let someone drive poorly for almost 40 years before weeding them out. I see bad drivers of all ages everyday as a result of our "everybody gets the certificate" system. Flatten any pickup truck tires lately?

• Upvote 2

Not lately, been concentrating on playing in hayfields. Your CBR was looking pretty nice last time I saw you, did you get new fairings for some reason?

(I'm also in favor of more stringent testing and [maybe] graduated licensing from the outset.)

no they need to  make you take the full driving and "written" tests every time you renew.   I mean next time you come to a stop light when the power is out observe how many people 

A.  run it without slowing down

B.  don't know who's turn is next.

the basics,  75% of people don't know the basics.

Edited by serpentracer
  • Upvote 2

Point is the driver education in the U.S. is severely lacking in almost all aspects.

The education is poor but the problem goes deeper than that. It's our driving "culture" for lack of a better word. US drivers are ignorant, apathetic, and inattentive.

Norms that are universally followed is the rest of the world may as well not exist here. Slow driving in the left highway lane is the most egregious example. Germany and France don't have that problem.

The Midwest is even worse than most of the rest of the US. Which I attribute to the same cause the results in fat lazy pieces of shit being over represented in the Midwest, whatever that may be.

The education is poor but the problem goes deeper than that. It's our driving "culture" for lack of a better word. US drivers are ignorant, apathetic, and inattentive.

Norms that are universally followed is the rest of the world may as well not exist here. Slow driving in the left highway lane is the most egregious example. Germany and France don't have that problem.

The Midwest is even worse than most of the rest of the US. Which I attribute to the same cause the results in fat lazy pieces of shit being over represented in the Midwest, whatever that may be.

Education and culture can go pretty much hand-in-hand. When I went through driver's ed I remember it all being brainless memorization and multiple choice answers. I got very little actual driving instruction. Fortunately I grew up driving/riding all sorts of motorized vehicles and had old work trucks/ a '52 willys jeep to mess around in and learned a lot on my own off-road/on private land. People that never get that type of exposure are essentially given a license, a pat on the back and told "good luck". They develop bad habits over the years because nobody ever told them any differently and then things like the article posted in this thread happen.