TheBrown's Kawasaki Street Fighter Build Log

TheBrown57

With the help of 2fat2fly the bike is running! 

Spent most of the evening at his place cleaning my carbs and learning some new things. Put the carbs back on the bike later in the evening and she fired right up! If it wasn't past 10pm I would have got her up to operating temp but that will have to wait until later today.

Thanks again 2fat2fly for all the help! 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So small update.

Bike is starting and running fairly easily now and I've changed the oil as well. Installed some new grips due to the OEM throttle tube being cracked. Ive got pretty much all the plastics that came with it on the bike but I'm completely missing the tail plastics so I'll be without rear signals for a little.

Found a crack in the subframe as well on the right side of the bike. Luckily I have a friend that welds and can get it fixed and also thanks to 2Fat I know to remove the battery and ECU so it doesn't get fried. The right side also looks to be a side that went down in a lower speed crash. There is road rash on the plastics and some other parts along the right side.

660dadf1a96cbc68ed0b13b0a2331c6d.jpge34113b7da4b8389077cb84f6712431d.jpg0f9132218f9e81df7164acaf907bcf4a.jpg

Edited by TheBrown57

It looked like that part of the subframe took quite a hit in the first pics.  Once that leg is straightened out and welded, the tail will straighten up and allow the plastics to line up nicely again

It looked like that part of the subframe took quite a hit in the first pics.  Once that leg is straightened out and welded, the tail will straighten up and allow the plastics to line up nicely again

Hopefully it will even out the mufflers as well. It looks like someone tried some JB Weld or something to patch it up. I'm assuming the frame is aluminum as well? Buddy is a certified aluminum welder and want to make sure that is what the frame is made of.