2000 Suzuki GSX-F 750 - trade for XR/CRF 100 or other dirty bike?

redkow97

The Katana is spending too much time in my garage.

I would ideally like to trade it for a XR/CRF 100 plus a few hundred bucks, or a street-legal enduro straight-up.

The 100 would not need to have a title.  Anything else WOULD need a title.

The Katana has a clear title, but it has been down at low speeds.  It runs and rides just fine, but there are minor issues that should be addressed (things I'll probably fix slowly over the winter.  Fork seals, little bodywork issues, a cracked rearset that I need to pick up from eBay.  Nothing major)

This bike wasn't running properly when I bought it.  I replaced the throttle position sensor (if my memory is correct), the brake lever, and put on a circular headlight.  Cash price is $1000 firm.  I like it more than that, and will just fix it up and keep it if I don't get that out of it - but an XR plus a couple hundred, or a really nice CRF100 would get me to part with it.

To add to the 'down at low speeds' --

This bike was mine, and both drops were at 0mph -- one was my brother accidentally dropping it while walking the bike out of the way of his car, and one was a stiff cross-breeze nudging it in just the right way to roll it forward and off the kickstand on the side of the freeway, while attempting to get a tow for the aforementioned throttle position sensor issue.

Bike, to my knowledge, has never been to Coshocton.

ha - my get-off is memorialized in a thread here somewhere.  I washed out the front at 5 mph braking to avoid rear-ending a pickup.   I rode the bike home and replaced a case cover that had cracked and was weeping a little oil. 

(because i feel compelled to defend myself, the truck i was following braked at a yellow light I was SURE she was going to blow through.  I was right on her bumper, planning to do the same.  She braked unexpectedly, and I panicked.  very low speed.)

well whatever was wrong, the bike would idle, but would not rev at all.  I also cleaned up the carbs and gave the bike a general once-over.  If i replaced a part that didn't need replacing, oh well - it has been running fine since then.