Yamaha R1 recall

Strictly Street

Didn't see this posted yet so....

Yamaha just recalled every unit of it's new flagship superbike, the R1, due to major transmission problems - and this has a lot of owners very angry. Here's how this recall could be a make-or-break moment for Yamaha.

yamaha-r1-recall-3.jpg The 2015 R1 is a spectacular machine - but a major recall like this could give Yamaha's reputation a black eye if they don't handle it properly.

Last week, after a number of rumors that Yamaha was experiencing problems with the gearbox in it's flagship superbike, a recall was finally announced - and it's a big one. Yamaha is recalling every unit sold of the all-new R1 - over 3500 units - and replacing the entire transmission on all of them.

It's going to be a big, expensive recall for Yamaha, and a headache for owners of the bike. But instead of being a black eye on Yamaha's reputation, it could actually be an opportunity for them to enhance customer loyalty - if they handle it right.

More at Bike Bandit:

http://www.bikebandit.com/blog/post/how-yamaha-s-massive-r1-recall-is-an-opportunity-in-disguise?roi=echo3-31637267263-32742501-2b29e44351e412db73149641d6775af0&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bbnews&utm_source=Fri_108015_bbnews&utm_content=r1_recall_opportunity

Correct, I think they seem to be handling it pretty well. Recalled all bikes, new models can be purchased but you cannot take delivery until the recall is performed. They ate not hiding issues that we can see so far. Or have they denied any warranty claims that I'm aware of. Yamaha will be just fine

Wasn't someone on here having an issue with this...previous to this recall that is.

Don't recall seeing anyone on here with an issue. Honestly I don't know of anyone personally that has had an issue. I've only heard of one racer that had problems and no one on the r1 forum reported issues so it's not a common problem. I think Yamaha is handling this well even though I'm not happy my bike has to have this done.