Who lays tile flooring?

Chrome

I need some flooring laid in an entry, hall, bath, kitchen, and laundry room. Anyone here do that work or have someone that they would recommend? If you know of someone NOT to use let me know that also. I don't want a shit job done.

Thanks

I just had my bathroom done and it turned out great. It wasnt an easy job because i had the ceiling tiled and a diagonal pattern on the top part of the walls. The guy that did it lives kind of in the east side so it might be a bit of a drive for him, but I can check with him to see if he can get you a quote.

I would definitely do it myself but, I don't have the time and I am about to have a knee surgery (find out wed from the surgeon) so I don't think I'll be on my knee for a while. I would just rather pay to have it done. I need to have hardwood installed in a dining room also.

That snap together vinyl stuff looks nice but I wouldn't use it in a kitchen or bathroom, it just doesn't hold up to water like tile.

Make sure they use a concrete backer board in the kitchen or all your tile will break when you move the appliances back in.

DO NOT waste your money on the harbor freight tile saw. It is a complete and horrible piece of shit.

I am about to do some of the click together vinyl more waterproof laminate in our entry room over concrete. Anyone have any advice on installation or materials?

DO NOT waste your money on the harbor freight tile saw. It is a complete and horrible piece of shit.

I am about to do some of the click together vinyl more waterproof laminate in our entry room over concrete. Anyone have any advice on installation or materials?

I'm a huge HF fan boy but I agree with this, on things that you need a precise cut or fit HF tools are not the way to go. I acually try to stay away from all their electric motor tools unless it's somthing I'm looking for a one time use

I'm not sure what exactly you're calling click together vinyl. I laid my bathroom with vinyl, the edges overlap and stick together. It creates a watertight surface and goes down really well. I floated it on top of concrete board.

I'm not sure what exactly you're calling click together vinyl. I laid my bathroom with vinyl, the edges overlap and stick together. It creates a watertight surface and goes down really well. I floated it on top of concrete board.

It's the same plank stuff but clicks together instead of the overlapping sticky edges, which I just don't trust to hold up under heavy traffic.

I'm not a huge fan of their tools either. Bought a torque wrench from them, first time I used it the back blew off and all the gears came out. Needless to say it's now a breaker bar. Edited by Chrome

I'm not a huge fan of their tools either. Bought a torque wrench from them, first time I used it the back blew off and all the gears came out. Needless to say it's now a breaker bar.

I have one too. Don't trust it to be very accurate.

I have 2 different HF torque wrenches 3/8" and a 1/4", i tested them against a digital snap on torque wrench at my work and the 1/4" on in inch pounds was really close, i say with in 1 to 3 inch pounds of what the digital one said. The 3/8" one was 5 to 8  foot pounds over across the board. So i use mine with that information in mind. 

Now in their defense we tested 2 other wrenches on hand a craftsman and a gearwrench and the HF one was far more accurate then the craftsman and about the same as the gearwrench. 

• 2 weeks later...

House%20pic%202015%204_zpsa5dzfc4o.jpg

That is lock together floating vinyl..."luxury vinyl"... 3 yrs and no problems.

I will never tile a large area again.  If you get sick of it, or it gets damaged...etc, good luck getting it off the floor.  If done right the cement board should be screwed down on top of thinset.  Not easy to be removed.

Edited by 330racing

Just did water proof laminate in our side room. went with it because it looks the most like wood and after experimenting with it for a couple of weeks before purchasing, it seems to be pretty heavy duty stuff. The stuff was kind of a bitch to get it to lock together properly, but it looks great and will hopefully last a long time.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks. We got these at Floor & Decor in Hilliard.

I researched the shit out of this stuff before I bought it and dumped a cut piece in water for two weeks and it never swelled.

treated laminate.  It's hard on saw blades so make sure you have a couple extras.