Obi-wan Slave

motocat12

Couldn't resist an oberon clutch slave off a parting out bike for the price of a used oem slave. I had decided against aftermarket ones as I didn't really want to take more lever travel for the easier pull of the bigger piston with my average sized hands that find the hydro clutch easier than any cable clutch I've had already. I have CNC levers on 2 of 6 setting. Then this one popped up, and the oem's are known to start leaking and I could easily sell it for what I paid.

Installed it during this warm snap and got one ride in. Supposed to be 20-30% easier and equally longer engagement.  After installing, it felt the same bare handed but riding with gloves it  did feel easier. Being used to the old one's pull I'm trying to get over the subconscious "must be air in the lines" every time I pull it . Maybe after use it lubed up and got a bit easier... I do feel more confident moving my thumb for signals/horn while holding the lever in. I didn't take any time to play in the engagement zone and pretty much rode naturally. The only times the lever bothered me before was getting stuck in backed up stop and go traffic.

Neutral did seem a bit fiddly to catch. Later models got a smaller clutch oil jet supposed to improve that if I can't get used to or make an adjustment.

F30749880.jpg

Edited by motocat12