Cbus to Denver on a sv650?

rawlins87

Put cruise on it and go. I rode my SV1000S all over, and now my brother has it. It is a great touring platform. If you wanna get real fancy, all the SVN parts fit the SVS, swap the upper triple, bars and cables, and ya got a SVNS.

Ive done it a couple times,rt50 is nice thru indiana but once you get past St Louis the scenery all kinda looks the same either on the freeway or state rt's. Actually denver is on the foothills of the rockies,so anything west of there is absolutely beautiful

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2016 at 4:35 PM, rawlins87 said:

Anyone done such a trip? Am I crazy to want to try this.  Looking for route suggestions, stops/sights suggestions. 

If you make this a reality you're more than welcome to come crash at my place and use my garage in Westminster CO.  As far as routes go you must hit Black Hills National Forrest in SD and ride Iron mountain road. 314 curves in 17 miles with 14 switchbacks, 3 pigtails,3 tunnels, 4 presidents and 2 splits. I rode it on the DR and it's a blast. Just try to avoid the weeks before during and after Sturgis. Also we car camped on iron mountain road at http://www.spokanecreekresort.com/. Nothing fancy but the location keeps you removed from the touristy area's, has a bar w/ food and a gas station with 95 octane on site. 

Edited by sturg

There isn't a lot of scenery on the way if you stick to I70, but you can vary north across Iowa on I80 and go to the national motorcycle museum, plus it puts you toward the Black Hills area.  Scenery is better than Kansas, anyway.

On 3/19/2016 at 6:08 PM, sporttour said:

Denver is an easy ride if you are going out I-70.  Swing north or south for some more variety and slightly more distance.  Be sure you know the signs of fatigue and stop prior to it becoming an issue.

The biggest risk you run into taking 70 all the way are the suicidal ideations you'll develop. It's a terrible drive much less ride.  

11 minutes ago, SFDemo said:

There isn't a lot of scenery on the way if you stick to I70, but you can vary north across Iowa on I80 and go to the national motorcycle museum, plus it puts you toward the Black Hills area.  Scenery is better than Kansas, anyway.

This. Kansas into Colorado (before denver) is like riding on a treadmill for 15 hours. 

Edited by sturg