Cop pepper sprays large group of motorcyclists on highway in TX

Casper

13 minutes ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

The only pertinant question in this entire fucking situation is whether or not it is department policy to use peper spray on people who are operating a moving vehicle at the time. Period. Everything else is conjecture and bullshit. If that's their policy, then the cop was doing his job. If it wasn't, he overstepped his authority.

The answer would be yes as they can certainly shoot at a moving vehicle if they feel their life was in danger.  Perhaps the officer deserves an award for using restraint. HTH.

Maybe I missed in that report how his life was in danger?  If it was from passing bikers (who already passed him) why was he spraying the approaching bikers who had nothing to do with the actions of the first group?

I'm normally open to others opinions, but Tonik....I don't get you.  I hope for your sake I don't "scare" a cop while riding in front of you and get you blinded.

They're trying to justify the cops actions by saying that because the bikes didn't (or more accurately couldn't) switch lanes to avoid him while he had the only vehicle he was capable of actually stopping for the biggest bullshit reason ever, that his life was in danger but somehow not in enough danger for his survival instinct to keep him in the cruiser until the bikes had passed and that spraying pepper spray into the wind at motorcycles was some attempt to preserve his safety.

If you believe in fairy tales.

6 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Removing your license plate to not get caught on camera certainly implies intent to commit a crime and avoid arrest.

Yep.  And intentionally cutting him off while he has his lights on and was performing a stop, doing wheelies a couple of feet away while he is out of his car show intent to do harm.  And yes, the bikers in the back of that group are as guilty as the ones up front. The are all part of the same overall crime, they are all responsible for what happens.

Would I be in fear for my safety in that situation. Damn right I would, and so would all of you.