Battery problems..HELP!!!

Paul2280

about a month ago the battery went dead for no reason.....i had the bike running in February...then in March it is dead...got a tender charger for it...it charged no problem...now its dead again. Bad battery???

hopefully its just the battery.... could be something on the bike draining it....

replace the battery and see if it dies. if the new battery dies, have fun tracking down an electrical gremlin.

Take it in the AutoZone or Advanced Auto and have them run a free test on it. They'll tell you if it's the battery or not.

If you end up having the same issue as my old 1987 Hurricane... I bought a new battery for it, ran on it for a week, then right as I traveled the 45 miles to the dragstrip, it quit on me. I tested the regulator, and finally found a 'thermal event' had occurred on one of the three phase wires coming from the alternator, so the bike was trying to charge the battery on 2 phases. Once I spliced another wire in and shrink tubed it... the bike was good as new.

1) Check the battery

2) Check the regulator/rectifier

3) Check the wiring to and from the regulator/rectifier

then lastly, you're left with

4) Check the internals on the alternator (which involves some disassembly)

I had the same problem last year when I had a bad battery. Bought a new one and it worked for 2 or 3 starts before it went dead. Battery tender said it was charged but kept on dying.

Charge it in the batter tender then take a multimeter to check the voltage, it should be around 12v. If it slowly discharges(like mine) or is less than 12v, its a bad battery.

Take it in the AutoZone or Advanced Auto and have them run a free test on it. They'll tell you if it's the battery or not.

If you end up having the same issue as my old 1987 Hurricane... I bought a new battery for it, ran on it for a week, then right as I traveled the 45 miles to the dragstrip, it quit on me. I tested the regulator, and finally found a 'thermal event' had occurred on one of the three phase wires coming from the alternator, so the bike was trying to charge the battery on 2 phases. Once I spliced another wire in and shrink tubed it... the bike was good as new.

1) Check the battery

2) Check the regulator/rectifier

3) Check the wiring to and from the regulator/rectifier

then lastly, you're left with

4) Check the internals on the alternator (which involves some disassembly)

Tried taking my bike battery to autozone to test it they said they couldnt since it was a smaller battery. I took it to HD and they tested it and gave me a real nice deal on a new one. If not the battery could be ur stator I just replaced mine on my triumph cause those fucking brits suck ass at electrical.

Tried taking my bike battery to autozone to test it they said they couldnt since it was a smaller battery. I took it to HD and they tested it and gave me a real nice deal on a new one. If not the battery could be ur stator I just replaced mine on my triumph cause those fucking brits suck ass at electrical.

Where is HD....you mean a Harley Davidson store?

$89 dollars at iron pony $30 on ebay???? YB12AB part number...anyone got any laying around...lmao

Have you checked "Batteries Plus"? I just did a search on their website and they have that battery but did not list the price online.