Opinions? Bull-it SR6 Cargo Jeans

hiro

Anyone have Bull-it riding jeans? I tried on the cargo version today and liked them. I liked that they weren't baggy in the back the way most 32x32 jeans I find are. The length seemed good in a seated position. Very comfortable. 

Iron Pony link: SR6 Cargo Manufacturer link: http://www.bull-it.com/jeans/sr6-jeans/mens-sr6-cargo-reg-black-3869.html

They're supposed to have at least 6 seconds of abrasion resistance. Hip and knee armour is optional. I wonder how much heat they would hold considering they're black and layered! A little costly at $190 maybe, but I'm starting to get used to the prices of protective gear and the potential cost of not having it. 

Edited by hiro

I have been thinking about something like these for a while.  After my accident I learned jeans are no protection if you go down.  I have riding pants with CE armor I wear over jeans which works fine but overheats my ass like crazy.  They are vented, but still not enough airflow to stay cool.  If you get something like these, let us know how they feel while on the bike, I may try something like this myself.

• Upvote 1

I tried on all of their jeans at iron pony. I didn't feel comfortable in the sr6 and sr8. They were just too thick and bulky. They seem like they would give great protection, but I don't want to hate my riding experience. I ended up getting the SR4 pants and threw d30 hip and knee protection. Rode over 4 hours yesterday and I'm quite happy with them

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Competition accessories has sliders brand Kevlar jeans for $90. Get the ace boot cut, not as baggy, has hip armor, pockets for knee armor and everything sort of "hangs" by the waistband so there's not a bunch of extra stitching all over the jeans. My only complaint is that they're kinda hot and the rise is way too long on mine, get them a size shorter on the inseam.

15 hours ago, BiggAudi said:

I tried on all of their jeans at iron pony. I didn't feel comfortable in the sr6 and sr8. They were just too thick and bulky. They seem like they would give great protection, but I don't want to hate my riding experience. I ended up getting the SR4 pants and threw d30 hip and knee protection. Rode over 4 hours yesterday and I'm quite happy with them

The SR6 cargos are bulky, but when I had them on they were surprisingly comfortable. I should've tried the SR4 jeans. I did try the SR6 jeans and didn't like how wide the legs were.

I bought the Kevlar jeans from iron pony and really like them so far. They were $60, come with knee pads and have not been too hot for me. The warmest temp so far has been around 80 that I have rode with them on.