NYST July 2nd and 3rd with Evlove GT/N2

RHill

4 hours ago, madcat6183 said:

If you go, I would LOVE to hear some feedback(not that I race anymore), but I watched WERA about this track hardcore because I have family in the area and wanted to ride it badly.

Will do!  Need to get the bike ready, because I just signed up.

Well bad news...hard to give a review when you barely get to ride the track. Got in 2 intermediate sessions to learn the track; bumped to A and the bike decided to start throwing fits.  Rode the 3 & 4 sessions, but the 5th was a 1 lap session coming right back in.  Earlier, as the bike heated up it seemed to smooth out (or the missing was harder to notice at higher RPM on track), but the issue was still very apparent.

I'm very impressed with the track.  They said advance pace starts at a 1:38 and all I managed was a 1:41,but was right with a few other A riders.  It's a 2nd and 3rd gear track on my 750; get through most of 5th on the uptown front straight.

Wheelie hill is fun; clicking 3rd while fully leaned over, hitting a crest and applying just enough throttle to catch the front as it heads back to the ground.  It is a blind crest that you could probably jump if you lined it up just right and had enough entrance speed.  

Lines are critical at NYST, make a mistake on one corner and 90% of the time it interacts with the next.

There are a few bumps in kinda weird locations (2nd apex of T3) 

Overall, I'll be going back, but I liked the challenge.....was just frustrated by the bike.

Edited by RHill