American Family Insurance

Casper

They were the first ones I had when we built our house. Rates were reasonable and was happy for a few year. Then lightning struck our house and fried every piece of electronic we had and the furnace and range and fridge. Plus we weren't home at the time and it threw several breakers one of which was to the sump pump and result was water to our finished basment. Filed a comp claim and it went smoothly and they paid everything with out any problems. Was very happy with everything till our policy renew. They quadrupled our rate. I was like WTF? It was a comp claim and at no fault to us. I called them about it and all they would say was our rate was increased due to reassessment of our property.
I called around to get quotes and most eveyone else quoted us what we were paying before. And the one agent said AF does that to people hoping you will not renew if they feel you are a liability, and maybe they felt out house would be prone to more lightning strikes. So I left and never gave them another chance.
We went to Cincinnati insurance for several years and they dropped us last year because they decided they no longer want to insure modular homes. But they did me a favor because I got on with Keystone National for a couple hundred less than I was paying. Had a $9000 claim last year due to storm damage and they replaced my roof and all the siding on the rear of the house. Got the renew last month and it only went up $150 for the year.