Pod filters or OEM box

schmuckingham

Took apart the Fizzer last night to change plugs ( what a pain) and was looking at the factory airbox system. Wasnt modified or anything but it did have a K&N ( watch out for the mad power there). Just was wondering if ditching the factory box and filter adn going with pods would be a better idear.

If i didn i would more than likely have to re-jet

Took apart the Fizzer last night to change plugs ( what a pain) and was looking at the factory airbox system. Wasnt modified or anything but it did have a K&N ( watch out for the mad power there). Just was wondering if ditching the factory box and filter adn going with pods would be a better idear.

If i didn i would more than likely have to re-jet

You do individual filters, you're going to need to re-jet and most likely have to chase jetting when the weather changes. The stock air box isn't a pressurized system like today's boxes, but it is far better than doing all that work when you have individual ones. Racing? Sure, put on the individual ones. But even then, jetting will be needed frequently...

Its not changing filters. When the air is cooler/ warmer/ more dense/ mr humid/ higher altitude it changes how much air gets into the fuel. So for a cool day, the good tuning that would benifet you would hurt you on a hot day. Tuning takes allot of time and paitence to get right yourself. Or enough money and time to let a shop do the work for you. But even then a shop might not get it right.

'ham, one of my boys in FL had the same bike, and down there, the weather is slightly more consistent, and we were re-jetting at least 2-3 times a year, and when we went to the Gap, doing just for that trip alone. It is lots of work to get that specialized with the tuning. If you love doing that kind of thing (he didn't, I do sometimes) it builds the relationship between you and the bike. But you have a girl with a bike, and my guess is you'd rather be out growing that relationship on the road. I'd go with the K&N in the stock box and roll that way. Leave that shit hot old school Fizzer tight like it is, bro!