NC Bike and Summit Main Sept 24th-26th

Jester_

12 hours ago, RHill said:

Dan knows better.  There are fun roads literally right off his driveway.  He probably already wrote down the mileage. but I heard if I drive back in reverse I can back the mileage off, don't tell anyone.

haha I dont care, you can take it out as long as it has the same amount of gas in it when you get back, whenever that is. 

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

What kind of Z? 300zx? 350z? 370z?

Buddy had a 700whp 300zx back when I was in highschool Boy that was fun to drive.

Its an 08 350Z, just my daily driver and auto x car. 

I also have single turbo GTO that has been sitting ever since I started doing track days. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jester_ said:

haha I dont care, you can take it out as long as it has the same amount of gas in it when you get back, whenever that is. 

Its an 08 350Z, just my daily driver and auto x car. 

I also have single turbo GTO that has been sitting ever since I started doing track days. 

Niceeeeeee. I am a car guy too. But I always gravitated back towards bikes.

Had a done up civic will all the suspension under it that I could find (it was never going fast in a straight line so I built it so I rarely had to brake haha), a gutted e36 m3 track toy, and the latest car an e39 M5 (I'll probably never own a better car). 

I sold the M5 this summer and bought the trailer and explorer with the profit I made. I've only really missed having the m5 twice since I've sold it, last week when I went out to run some errands and just now talking about it. :(

Just now, Jester_ said:

I have some good roads around me to I like the Z for that and auto X. I should really sell the GTO but idk... had it a long time. 

I had some friends that had an e60 M5 and they absolutely loved that car. 

The e60 M5 is border line when they stopped being "drivers" cars and became more mainstream and everyone started being able to buy them. Still a great car but with even higher maintenance costs.

I guess I loved the e39 M5 because it was a drivers car. You cant drive stick? Sorry, you have to either learn or you wont be driving this car because there's no other transmission option. It has 2 buttons, Traction control on and traction control completely off. Sport mode on, sport mode off. That's it, and I loved it. It was also one of the best behaved cars to get slidewayz, almost drove itself while sliding around. 

But the V10 sounds amazing with an exhaust too.

53 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

The e60 M5 is border line when they stopped being "drivers" cars and became more mainstream and everyone started being able to buy them. Still a great car but with even higher maintenance costs.

I guess I loved the e39 M5 because it was a drivers car. You cant drive stick? Sorry, you have to either learn or you wont be driving this car because there's no other transmission option. It has 2 buttons, Traction control on and traction control completely off. Sport mode on, sport mode off. That's it, and I loved it. It was also one of the best behaved cars to get slidewayz, almost drove itself while sliding around. 

But the V10 sounds amazing with an exhaust too.

IDK shit about cars, but you just made me want a e39 M5

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RHill said:

IDK shit about cars, but you just made me want a e39 M5

I dont think I'll ever own a better car. It was a blast and it was a comfy road trip car. I mean the thing was built to cruise triple digits for hundreds of miles haha. I had muffler delete and a tune on it. I shut it down at 160mph but it was still pulling.

On a motorcycle note: I just got another rear and some new gloves for next weekend. *giddy*

13 minutes ago, RHill said:

Need the rear mounted?

Just signed up for NC and Summit!

I probably will need to mount the rear when it gets here. Just one less thing to take up space and worry about.

I need to find someone to pawn off these track take offs on. LOL

Well I canceled PIRC days today. Weather just looked too crappy, I've done my share of days in the rain already this year. 

Sooo...wife has a doctors appointment Monday. As long as the doc doesn't tell her he thinks the baby is coming earlier I'm going to try and squeeze this trip in. Not sure if I'll ride all 3 days or not. Need to figure out how much time I can afford to take off for this. 

I also bailed out for Pittsburgh. I will be doing NC Bike this coming weekend. I am not doing Summit, I will be heading home Sunday after the session. Would like to get together with you guys possibly caravan down or even throw the bike in a trailer. If it doesn't work out, I'll just meet you guys there. Save me a spot and a place for my tent.

• Upvote 2

I think I am putting Ryan's bike on my trailer and taking them both down to where Dan lives. Loading up Dan's trailer, then we are heading out from there friday morning/early afternoon.

Speaking of which, @Jester_ PM me your address when you got some time and we can work out the details.

@RHill I picked up the hardware needed to swap my trailer over on sunday. Most likely gonna swap it after work today. I'll let you know.

Edited by TimTheAzn

On 9/18/2016 at 7:00 AM, F4iguy said:

I also bailed out for Pittsburgh. I will be doing NC Bike this coming weekend. I am not doing Summit, I will be heading home Sunday after the session. Would like to get together with you guys possibly caravan down or even throw the bike in a trailer. If it doesn't work out, I'll just meet you guys there. Save me a spot and a place for my tent.

Hey John, most likely I could fit the bike in my trailer. I have to do a bit of cleaning out to make room for 3, but it'll fit. I think the plan right now is towing down my bike and Ryan's 1K. I think I'm going to do Monday now, so you might need to drive down separate. But at least I could tow the bike for ya. 

1 hour ago, TRMN8TR said:

Hey John, most likely I could fit the bike in my trailer. I have to do a bit of cleaning out to make room for 3, but it'll fit. I think the plan right now is towing down my bike and Ryan's 1K. I think I'm going to do Monday now, so you might need to drive down separate. But at least I could tow the bike for ya. 

Yeah, i figured on driving separate.  If it's not too much trouble, putting the bike in your trailer would work.  I guess I should have just left it there. Lol.

Think that is how it is looking currently.

Then the me and Brandon following in his rig with his 675, my 1k and John's/Jinu's 675.

If Ron annoys you too much on the trip (like trying to instigate a burnout), you can always toss him from the vehicle, just let us know where and we can run...errr...I mean pick him up.

2 minutes ago, RHill said:

Think that is how it is looking currently.

Then the me and Brandon following in his rig with his 675, my 1k and John's/Jinu's 675.

If Ron annoys you too much on the trip (like trying to instigate a burnout), you can always toss him from the vehicle, just let us know where and we can run...errr...I mean pick him up.

Sounds good.

I have no idea what time I will be leaving. I was really hoping to be gone by 11 to be at rons at 130 but idk... will see how things go with all the stuff I have to do. I might have nonaznTim stop over and see if I can put your 750 in the bed of the truck on Thursday night. 

Just now, TimTheAzn said:

Who is this NonAznTim?!

My buddy Tim who isnt on the forum. His gsxr is also in my garage, along with his 636, and Ryans 750, and my R6 and my GSXR and 50cc, and 2 GT80s...

Wow...... thats alot of crap in my garage. 

Except the R6 thats pretty boss. 

Just now, Jester_ said:

My buddy Tim who isnt on the forum. His gsxr is also in my garage, along with his 636, and Ryans 750, and my R6 and my GSXR and 50cc, and 2 GT80s...

Looks like both of you guys (you and ryan) have some new toys to play with this weekend!

Dang dude !

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk