MSF Riders Class

BornSinner

For anyone that is scheduled to take this class....do it!!!

I have been riding for 5 years without a lic....due to a family event (Running from the 5.0s)...I signed up to take this course....

This year Im trying to be "LEGAL", and its not EZ

Back the the course...

Myself and QueenBee signed up and took this over the weekend.

I have to say...I have a blast.....I got a tz250....looks like a DRZ450...but smaller...That little bike was soooo much fun.

I would have to say that the class as helped me feel better in my right hand turns......(wrecked on right handed turn on 6-6-06)

For anyone that was gone down in a turn....you tend to be a bit scared after that. This class did help me get over that fear... and now Im LEGAL.....too

For anyone that remembers my run in with the law last year...."I can go back throught Lancaster without fear of getting pulled over ":D:metal::metal::D

We meet some nice riders and some cool instructors.

QueenB was being the promoter while in class...pushing and talking about OhioRiders and the fun events that we do....

To close....

For anyone that needs to get your Lic....and maybe sharpen up those skills or to get some more knowledge.....take this course.

I'm assuming it's similar to the Basic Riders Course through Motorcycle Ohio? Did you two do the 'basic' or the 'experienced' version?

I signed up for Basic Rider level 2 for Sept of this year. I didn't sign up for the basic Basic course b/c I was afraid I would be bored by the simplicity.....

I'm assuming it's similar to the Basic Riders Course through Motorcycle Ohio? Did you two do the 'basic' or the 'experienced' version?

I signed up for Basic Rider level 2 for Sept of this year. I didn't sign up for the basic Basic course b/c I was afraid I would be bored by the simplicity.....

I'm assuming you are talking about the BRC2 course and not the Experienced Rider Course. From what I've read they almost sound the same minus classroom time and maybe a few other drills. I don't know anyone that was bored out of their mind and didn't get anything out of the BRC.

MSF is the Basic Rider course.

Book used for it is from the MSF

http://www.motorcycle.ohio.gov/resources/brchandbook.pdf

I don't know anyone that was bored out of their mind and didn't get anything out of the BRC.

:plus1:

I'm assuming you are talking about the BRC2 course and not the Experienced Rider Course. From what I've read they almost sound the same minus classroom time and maybe a few other drills. I don't know anyone that was bored out of their mind and didn't get anything out of the BRC.

Yes, I signed up for BRC2. I think you're right about the setup, I just wanted to make sure I am in the correct class. Plus BRC2 is 9 hours and you are done after 1 day which is nice if you are crunched on time. I am really looking forward to it! Too bad my clas isn't til Sept 20th

BRC1

Is what we took....We took this to get our "M" for the lic....

If any class that I sign up for will be beginners riders at Mid-ohio race track.

As for being bored during class.

Class is what you make it....if you go in there with a bad "Im going to be bored" attitude...then thats is what you will have....

I ride a 2005 ZX10....been riding for some time....

If you think that you will get nothing from the BRC1 and its to SIMPLE for you ....best of luck to you

BRC1

Is what we took....We took this to get our "M" for the lic....

If any class that I sign up for will be beginners riders at Mid-ohio race track.

Class is what you make it....if you go in there with a bad "Im going to be bored" attitude...then thats is what you will have....

I ride a 2005 ZX10....been riding for some time....

If you think that you will get nothing from the BRC1 and its to SIMPLE for you ....best of luck to you

I think I've been misunderstood. I was just saying that I wasn't sure which class to sign up for. I actually found your post very helpful. I am excited to go to the BRC, it's just that when I was signing up, I didn't know which one to take.... I was in no way insinuating that the class was too simple, my sentance just came out the wrong way. I guess I was just afraid that the first class would be 'here is how to start the bike' 'here is how to shift' type material. No offense intended in any way.

BornSinner, were you talking about taking the beginner class at Mid-Ohio? If so it is a great class. I took that class at the end of last year and learned so much! I have not been riding as long as you, but still after the experience I had, and taking that class I feel a lot more comfortable on my bike.

:plus1: Like I said I took the beginner class at mid-ohio last year....the very first thing we learned was how to start the bike! I had been riding for about 2yrs and needed my lic. I walked in with a good attitude I wanted to learn. I also knew I could learn! These guys were instructors at the mid-ohio school. I agree with BornSinner. There is a lot to be learned in the beginner classes you just have to be willing to let yourself learn.

:plus1: to anyone that has not done the course /class or what ever you want to call it.

Me & Bunny did the BRC1 last year up in Delaware & I did the ERC last month downtown.

I also had the TZ250 on my BRC & so wanted to go off the paking lot onto the grass & mess about. I dont think that was part of the course though. The ERC I did on my bike & you can also take it with a passenger, if you really want to.

So to anyone that has not done any of them, for the safe of $25 do it.

BornSinner, were you talking about taking the beginner class at Mid-Ohio? If so it is a great class. I took that class at the end of last year and learned so much! I have not been riding as long as you, but still after the experience I had, and taking that class I feel a lot more comfortable on my bike.

Not the beginner class....more on the beginner race class.....helping out with the better knee dragging......:bow:

I think I've been misunderstood. I was just saying that I wasn't sure which class to sign up for. I actually found your post very helpful. I am excited to go to the BRC, it's just that when I was signing up, I didn't know which one to take.... I was in no way insinuating that the class was too simple, my sentance just came out the wrong way. I guess I was just afraid that the first class would be 'here is how to start the bike' 'here is how to shift' type material. No offense intended in any way.

I didnt take it that way...

I was wishing you the best of luck.

The class is not as simple as learning to sit and balance on the bike. The Thurs class is a little slow, but it is all the stuff that they are going to show you out the the Range(course).

SO you took a beginners race class and not the class to get your license?

I am slightly confused.

As for the comment made by Schmuck Girl if there is anyone more willing to learn than her please show me, i think it was a mis understanding of wording. Maybe the BRC1 or whatever would be good for both of us ( i plan on taking it soon but i wasnt sure on what to take as well)

It sounded to me like he took the $25 motorcycle safety course which qualifies you to get you motorcycle endorsement on your license if you pass there tests at the end.

I took this course last summer and it was probably the best thing I could have done as a new rider. It teaches you the basics of turning, looking through the turn, operating the clutch, shifting, panic braking, braking and turning, maneuvering and other related motorcycle skills. It's the basics but it's the sort of stuff people take for granted. It is a little mind blowing to me that people ride so long with out taking it and with out a license when the course is only $25 and you use their bikes. Either way the course is a great place to learn all the little things you need to know. They said in the course that a rider that has taken the course walks away with skills similar to that of a rider that has been riding casually for 2 years with out the course. Take that for what it's worth but it kind of makes sense. It would take a long time to figure all of the stuff they teach you out on your own.

I took this class about 12yrs ago and it was a tremendous help helped me cornor alot better going through the cones and such. I would recommend this to anyone that is riding or thinking about riding..

I just realized I scheduled my BRC class on the same weekend as my kids graduation and the next open class isn't until after my permit runs out.

:owned: myself

Try being a walk in for a earlier class. If you have already paid for a class and bring proof that you paid and there is a open spot they will let you in.

I've had my license for a few years now, but I'm thinking about going and taking the MSF class anyways. I've heard a lot of good things about it. And with as much as I tell people they should take it, I probably should myself.

Try being a walk in for a earlier class. If you have already paid for a class and bring proof that you paid and there is a open spot they will let you in.

Tried that for last nights class, but everyone came, so no open slots for the lottery for the four of us that walked in. I've got about 5 more classes I can walk in on before I forfeit the $25 and have to reschedule.

I think non-riders should have to take the course as well. I think it would go a long way towards putting more bikes on the road and making "cage" drivers more aware. I wouldn't mind seeing it as a part of MSF-like course for regular automobiles. There are just too many stupid drivers out there. It's way too easy to get and keep a driver's license.