Motorcyclist killed by tree cut down by Boy Scouts

Casper

The boy scouts and the adults "supervising" them did absolutely everything they could've done wrong. And committed a felony. And there were still no charges filed against them?

No, there's no corruption in Utah. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Shit like this just adds fuel to the anti-government fire.

The scouts are definitely in the wrong. At age 14 and 17, they should have known better. The leaders should have been supervising but depending on troop size, they had no idea what was going on. My old troop at one time had 30+ scouts. The leaders probably sent a handful out to get firewood while others set up camp, created a fire pit, unloaded gear, get dinner ready, etc. Can't keep an eye on everyone at all times. 

We did stupid shit in scouts all the time but usually in a safe-ish manner. 

8 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

The scouts are definitely in the wrong. At age 14 and 17, they should have known better. The leaders should have been supervising but depending on troop size, they had no idea what was going on. My old troop at one time had 30+ scouts. The leaders probably sent a handful out to get firewood while others set up camp, created a fire pit, unloaded gear, get dinner ready, etc. Can't keep an eye on everyone at all times. 

We did stupid shit in scouts all the time but usually in a safe-ish manner. 

We did a lot of stupid shit in Scouts. That was half the fun. But we never cut down a live tree next to a road. No idea what those kids were thinking. We did blow up a lot of shit though. Disposable lighters in the fire were hilarious. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Isaac's Papa said:

I thought is was bad juju to cut down a live tree in the absence of an emergency? What kind of scout program are they running out there?

We never cut down a live tree. We barely cut down dead trees. There is usually plenty of firewood laying about in the woods. 

This was just two idiots having fun until it wasn't. There was always a few bad apples that didn't listen no matter what you would tell them. 

Every tree that was downed should have been supervised and completed as a team.  Safety gear, the tree safely tied off and scouts taking turns cutting.  We did everything as a team in Scouts, yes we fucked off when we could, but with something like this, it would have been a controlled environment period.  Its obvious to me where the issues are and why this happened.  Lack of good/educated leadership!  I have thought about getting my boy enrolled in Scouts here, but I have heard to many bad comments from other parents about the idiots running the group.

RIP fellow rider!

Edited by Wolfman1