Watch out for 160mph police Harleys...

wolfman

Watch out for these new police Harleys with 70 horsepower and a top speed of 160 mph...:eek::eek:

"The police model of the Harley generates about 70 horsepower and has a top speed of about 160 mph, said Bob Bacon, general sales manager of Harley-Davidson Cincinnati-Eastgate in Union Township. But it's not really safe to drive that fast, he said."

:lol::lol:

http://www.miamitwp.org/commrel/news_archives/0724_motorcycles.htm

160mph! wow, I hope their chasing a 250, or an early 90's 600! any liter bike is gonna laugh at 160, then keep on walking. Seriously though I'd be scared to death to take a Hardley up over 80mph. That and I have a hard time beleiving that a 70hp HD, with a wet weight of over 900lbs, and a 4sq/ft air brake (windscreen) will reach 160mph. Mid 90's 600's had about 90 hp, were a shit ton more aerodynamic, and about half the weight and they'd barely reach 150. I'm callin BS. Tell them I'll be down in a week to test them out w/ the 'Busa.

also IF you could get a HD up to 160 (other than by dropping it out of a C-130), WTF are you gonna do when you approach a gradual bend in the road? I at least hope for the sake of officers lives, that they put dual discs up front. Couldn't they afford to give the officers a good quality bike like a BMW? So much for officer safety.

I got the oppurtunity to speak with an australian police office a couple weeks ago while on an flight to LAX. He said that they LOVED Harleys in australia. They we by far every Patrolmans favorite bike... He then added because they were so easy to catch

:lol: yeah. yeah. but it's sooo damn ugly... :puke:

Yeah they are, the ones I hate the most are those stupid ones with the like 3" windshield on top. GOD are they ugly, they look like they might have been cool in the late 50's, but thats even a stretch.

Yeah they are, the ones I hate the most are those stupid ones with the like 3" windshield on top. GOD are they ugly, they look like they might have been cool in the late 50's, but thats even a stretch.

youre thinking of the street glide. full fairing with "chopped" windshield? or maybe you meant to say 3' windshield? eh, no matter, theyre ugly either way.

Yeah they are both Glides with the same basic body. Fuggin' ugly.

I may see if I can email Bob Bacon at Cincinnati-Eastgate HD and ask for proof of 140 mph let alone 160. :lol:

Hell we're close enough. Let's get a group together, print the article and go down and ask him in person. :D

Hell we're close enough. Let's get a group together, print the article and go down and ask him in person. :D

I'd be up for that. I will drive down. I am not having my Gix 1k in the parking lot when I do it though.

But I will take my WERA license with me though.

I'd be up for that. I will drive down. I am not having my Gix 1k in the parking lot when I do it though.

But I will take my WERA license with me though.

The bikes would be fine. If we park close enough to some Harleys those guys will be so distracted by all the shiny chrome they won't even notice our bikes.