Katana Hate?

hiro

Where is the OP located? kanatuna always has cheap bikes through his shop. 

Most are a little rough, but they run, and they're priced accordingly. Brian won't bullshit you about condition, and he's well known by several members, plus has a brick-and-mortar shop with his name on it and a reputation to uphold. 

Give Tuna your phone number and a spending limit, and I'm sure he would be able to find something. Of course he's not in the business of working for free, but he's also not going to mark shit up by thousands...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/26/2017 at 3:26 PM, Isaac's Papa said:

I still think that's a myth. I've only seen motorcycles on their side stands at OR.net events. You have to join an "unOFFICIAL" ride to actually see tires moving.  

Been there for two of them, and one of those (the one that started this meme) happened to be mine.  Still haven't seen a Kat complete the run, although I admit I haven't been looking very hard.

They're very much a love-it-or-hate-it looking bike, I was a fan of the fairings but not a fan of the weight, and CERTAINLY not a fan of the carbs once I got my hands around a FI engine.  I think there are better options out there, but if you come across a deal for $1500 or so it might not be a terrible thing.

1 minute ago, what said:

@Tpoppa can tell you all about the Gladius. 

I had one for a few years.  I put about 14k on the odo.   Not the best looking, but certainly one of the most fun bikes I've owned. 

The motor is fantastic.  Significantly better then the version on the 1st and 2nd gen SV650.  A 2008+ GSXR 600/750 shock will bolt on for a cheap suspension mod.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hiro said:

Is this anything like people loving the SV650 but hating the Gladius?  I'm just thinking that I could get a deal on bikes that people hate. heh

Doesn't explain why Harley's are so expensive!

• Upvote 2

On 2/8/2017 at 3:02 PM, JustinNck1 said:

They sold 260,000 bikes in 2016. I'd say they're not hated by everyone...

Harley Davison has an amazing public image, and an excellent marketing department. 

They have convinced everyone that Harleys are manly, American, freedom machines, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a communist pussy. 

How many people do you know who own a Harley? I can think of fewer than 10. Hoe many people do you know who own a Harley t-shirt, pillow, blanket, vest, adult diaper...  I know a hundred. 

26 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Harley Davison has an amazing public image, and an excellent marketing department. 

They have convinced everyone that Harleys are manly, American, freedom machines, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a communist pussy. 

How many people do you know who own a Harley? I can think of fewer than 10. Hoe many people do you know who own a Harley t-shirt, pillow, blanket, vest, adult diaper...  I know a hundred. 

Well my response would be unfair, since I live in a harley family and work on Harleys on a weekly basis, so I know more harley people and than anything else. I 100% agree with you, they have one of the strongest marketing schemes. I'm not a fan of their product but I see why people buy them. 

Guys at work (union shop) ask me why I don't buy a Harley. Pretty simple, I tell them, they don't make a bike I want. The bikes they do make aren't any better than their Japanese counterparts and they're more expensive. So why would I buy less bike for more money? Why should I take a shot on the chin and buy a bike I don't want because the only American motorcycle companies won't even attempt to compete in terms of performance? 

If I were a cruiser guy, which I may become again, I'd look at the Indian scout. Great motor in those bikes. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Guys at work (union shop) ask me why I don't buy a Harley. Pretty simple, I tell them, they don't make a bike I want. The bikes they do make aren't any better than their Japanese counterparts and they're more expensive. So why would I buy less bike for more money? Why should I take a shot on the chin and buy a bike I don't want because the only American motorcycle companies won't even attempt to compete in terms of performance? 

If I were a cruiser guy, which I may become again, I'd look at the Indian scout. Great motor in those bikes. 

Re: American motorcycle companies....I'd consider a Motus if they cut the price by 1/3rd!

I've ridden enough Harley's to know I'll never be a Harley guy.

However, lately I've been considering buying a sportster (probably an xl1200r)  and putting some top notch suspension bits on it, just to see quickly I could get it to hustle through the corners.  I'll bet I could surprise a few kids on sport bikes :lol:  

• Upvote 1

KTM engine, but it's an American company building these.

276 lbs.  It's the perfect track bike.  Perfect.

http://kraemer-motorcycles.com/en/

edit - actually, it appears to be a German company.  I was deceived.  Still maintain my perfect track bike claim though.

Edited by redkow97
i'm a dummy

20 hours ago, redkow97 said:

Yeah they do.  There's several guys around here who have the vin number of every Harley they've ever own tattooed on some part of their body.  Can you spell brand loyalty?

I do not have all the Harley foo-foo.  Owning two of them, I can't afford it and wouldn't advertise for them anyway after those damned twin cams.

20 hours ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

Good motor for Indian; I hear they ride and handle well too.

Have you looked at the V-Rods?  Local has one that's batshit fast and handles good too.  He does have a ton of money tied up in it though.

5 hours ago, redkow97 said:

KTM engine, but it's an American company building these.

276 lbs.  It's the perfect track bike.  Perfect.

http://kraemer-motorcycles.com/en/

edit - actually, it appears to be a German company.  I was deceived.  Still maintain my perfect track bike claim though.

holy hell that thing is light. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Wandering Soul said:

Yeah they do.  There's several guys around here who have the vin number of every Harley they've ever own tattooed on some part of their body.  Can you spell brand loyalty?

I do not have all the Harley foo-foo.  Owning two of them, I can't afford it and wouldn't advertise for them anyway after those damned twin cams.

Good motor for Indian; I hear they ride and handle well too.

Have you looked at the V-Rods?  Local has one that's batshit fast and handles good too.  He does have a ton of money tied up in it though.

My dad has an 03 vrod. It's OK for straight line speed but my 1200 bandit smokes it. It also handles like a shopping cart when you ask it to do much more than go to the nearest bar. Looks nice and sounds sweet tho. 

1 hour ago, CrazySkullCrusher said:

My dad has an 03 vrod. It's OK for straight line speed but my 1200 bandit smokes it. It also handles like a shopping cart when you ask it to do much more than go to the nearest bar. Looks nice and sounds sweet tho. 

I always liked the look of the night rod.  Never had the chance to ride one so I can't comment on the handling or acceleration.  I am guessing that it would feel like a pig compared to my current ride due to the weight.