Cleveland Browns - yet another facepalm move

cmh_sprint

11 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

The entire organization is the biggest joke in professional sports.

It's statistically unusual to be that bad for that long.

It has been and will be an ownership problem.  Coaching staff and players may help, but "Starts at the Top" has meaning in this situation.

9 hours ago, redkow97 said:

Letting Pryor walk for $8M does seem strange, but if no other team was willing to offer more, there's a reason. 

I am hesitant to support the Browns. I have many reasons not to. That said, this offseason could still go either way. 

LOL We offered him more than 8 million.  We offered him 16M guaranteed money.  He didn't want to play for the Browns.  He's a 1 dimensional receiver. Once teams started to figure out his routes, they shut him down.  Cornerbacks were coming out discussing how trash he was at receiver.  He's a cancer on the sidelines.  I'm glad he's gone. 

1 minute ago, DerekClouser said:

LOL We offered him more than 8 million.  We offered him 16M guaranteed money.  He didn't want to play for the Browns.  He's a 1 dimensional receiver. Once teams started to figure out his routes, they shut him down.  Cornerbacks were coming out discussing how trash he was at receiver.  He's a cancer on the sidelines.  I'm glad he's gone. 

One dimensional? Did Brian give you his jar of apple pie and you drank it all at once? He was your best receiver, and after the draft that will still be true. Not to mention he can throw and run. Hell, at the time of his departure he was your best quarterback. :lol:

Pryor was impressive in 2016, but I don't believe that's a trajectory he will sustain. 

Like I said before, there is a reason he only got a 1-year deal for $8M. Maybe he's betting on himself, but that's a bold call.

Edited by redkow97

1 hour ago, whaler said:

It has been and will be an ownership problem.  Coaching staff and players may help, but "Starts at the Top" has meaning in this situation.

It's an overall lack of stability...in ownership, front office, head coach, assistant coaches, QB, WR, RB, etc, etc etc.