Headless Self-Driving Uber Wrecks

Fin

Headless Self-Driving Uber Wrecks
Holy lederhosen hinter scheisse Batman! 
Did you see that auto-automatronic doing a T-bone?
Life on two wheels just got a lot more interesting friends. 
Besides babes on phones and three feet for bicycles, in some places we got’s to deal with RoboWheels.

And no, gearing up like a banana or lit up like a Christmas tree isn’t going to make your ride any more safe from the Uber driver.

One big orange flag on the back of your iron horse might help but don’t count on it; however, two rock’n American flags on a hog would be awesome.

What say you… would you take a little trip in a Tron Taxi?
Source:
Bloomberg Report

C7u7TD8WsAA6Kws.jpg

woman_driving.jpg

safetywing.jpg

Wear-Visible-Safety-Gear.jpg

F692UJ2FHOHI6CA.MEDIUM.jpg

F692UJ2FHOHI6CA.MEDIUM.jpg

5260942.jpg

bikinglaw-flag-1030x1030.jpg

31 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Funny I just read about their terms of use being challenged for saying you agree not to sue.

That's crazy.  I'm no lawyer, but just because you agree not to sue, if Uber is negligent of an injury they are still liable for damages.

With some background in robotics, I must say this technology is not foolproof.  The sensors fail, weather and dirt affect the optics and components, and electronic noise and bad coding all play a part in a bad decision.  This might sound crazy, but cities are full of pigeons...  and they do fly between cars, let alone leave gifts.

Like automatic check outs at grocery stores... I don't interface with robots.  
1) I like interacting with people.  
2) I pay people to work.  If I'm supposed to work then pay me.  
3) People need jobs.

Edited by Fin
  • Upvote 1

Tesla 'autopilot' car hits Phoenix police motorcycle

Well hell!  Wasn't I just talking about this? 

A Phoenix police motorcycle was struck by a Tesla Model X reportedly operating on autopilot last week, police said.

The incident happened a few days before an accident involving an automated Uber vehicle in Tempe.

Phoenix police on Monday confirmed that the incident occurred when a Tesla driver and an on-duty officer exited the Black Canyon Freeway onto Utopia Road on the afternoon of March 21.

Source: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2017/03/27/tesla-self-driving-car-hits-phoenix-police-motorcycle-second-accident-involving-automated-vehicles-days/99710786/

I predict there's going to be more self-driving car and motorcycle accidents.  It's interesting that the motorcycle cop is kind of blowing this accident off as just a bump.  Also that Arizona has allowed uber's self-guided missiles after the King Of Snowflakes state decided to limit them.

26 minutes ago, Wandering Soul said:

I predict there's going to be more self-driving car and motorcycle accidents.  It's interesting that the motorcycle cop is kind of blowing this accident off as just a bump.  Also that Arizona has allowed uber's self-guided missiles after the King Of Snowflakes state decided to limit them.

There are only three sensors, a front and back radar (sonic) and a LiDAR on roof (360 spinning mirror w/LASER).  
The sides are complete blind spots.
Sun can possibly "blind" the mirror.
Radar can misunderstand signatures.
And a trajectory, like motorcycles or bicycles passing or being passed with three foot clearance leaving or entering the self driving vehicle's blind spots is problematic?