I think I messed up an engine bolt/mount

Scene

So... when I was attempting to install some impaktech race rails, I first used the wrong bolt in the hole.

It went in a bit, but I didn't tighten all the way. I just wanted to get everything set so I can see how much I need to shave off of the fairing to get it to fit. I eventually got a diagram from Impaktech about what bolts and where the spacers go. I realized I used the wrong bolt!

Looking into the hole, I can see some thread still looking fine, the bolt that's SUPPOSED to go in there works, and screws in and doesn't slide in and out. So I think it's only the beginning of the threads that got messed up.

Should I go ahead and find a longer bolt with correct pitch and size so it goes in deeper?

This is for an F4i.

Or, should I look into getting helicoil? I'm not familiar with it so I would probably just pay a professional to do it for me instead of screwing more stuff up.

grr..

Fair enough... 

At first I thought the bolt the rails came with were too short. Although they probably were too short with the spacer. But, I could also be experiencing the first few threads being worn down?

Not sure, but I accidentally used a standard bolt in that engine mount. But again, I didn't tighten it all the way down. I'm assuming there are healthier threads deeper. 

I've been researching this issue and all I see is helicoil and that involves dropping the engine. And I can't help but think about how much I screwed up due to not paying attention.

Welp..

Got back from Ace Hardware...

Impaktech sent me a 70mm bolt & 80mm bolt. The 70mm was supposed to go on the right side (troubled side). No matter how hard I tried, it would not catch. So, I ended up picking up a 75mm bolt so it's slightly longer. And it works now. I made sure not to go crazy with tightening it, but it's on there now and secure. 

Impaktech is actually sending me an 80mm bolt too, oops too late.

But, I guess I'll check the bolt next week after riding for a bit just to make sure it's still secure.

I guess next time I have to take these rails off, I'll pick up a tap and clean up the threads.