Student Loan question (consolidation)

r6allstar

I guess I am full of questions today.

I have to start repaying my student loans next month and want to consolidate them. What is the best way to go about this? Anyone recommend a bank to go through for something like this? Can you consolidate federal loans alond with the personal loans? I dont think you can but I could be wrong.

All you're doing when you consolidate loans is taking out one loan to pay off all of the smaller loans. Then you have one payment. So yes, you can consolidate any debt into one payment. You could even contact a few of the credit card companies and see if they'd give you a credit limit high enough and a special rate for balance transfers. Capital One just gave me a card with 0% apr for purchases and transfers until July of next year.

I doubt any credit card company is going to give me a $60,000 limit AND a low rate though. So I will leave the federal loans alone since they will have a low rate and contact a bank about a consolidation on the others then? ^ Funny pic too Ben, scary cuz it is so true though

I switched to ACS about 4 yrs ago and locked in a little under 3% for the life of the loan with no penalty for early payoff. I don't know what they are offering now but it's worth a look. They also do loan consolidations. I have an auto payment set up and I'm pretty pleased with them: www.acs-education.com