555!???

nochknstrps

The triple nickle can't be the best Ohio has to offer. Went for a ride down there saturday afternoon with a few friends and I think the roads that we took to get there with the exception of 33 were more fun than 555. 555 is nothing but a bunch of slow dog legs. Don't get me wrong it was fun but there has to be something better.

Any suggestions?

The triple nickle can't be the best Ohio has to offer. Went for a ride down there saturday afternoon with a few friends and I think the roads that we took to get there with the exception of 33 were more fun than 555. 555 is nothing but a bunch of slow dog legs. Don't get me wrong it was fun but there has to be something better.

Any suggestions?

and gravel, you left that part out.

Rt. 26 from Marietta up to Woodsfield is good. Half of it is recently paved and pretty smooth while the second (northern) half is kinda like 555 - all busted up and covered with gravel and shit. Still, it beats 555 in my opinion.

I like 93 from Ironton to Jackson, too. Not the curviest (<--new word) but is usually empty and fun to haul on.

Here's a pic I took on Rte 105 between Bowling Green & Oak Harbor, on my way up to Port Clinton. Nice mix of tight curves, rolling sweepers, & straightaways. Just watch out for the Po-Po..............

l_3c5ae2ea82bee714bf88d1a241e75844.jpg

And here's one from Rte 37 between Findlay & Mt. Blanchard. Shorter ride, but still some nice curves for 5-10 miles, & closer to home for those "quick rides". Cell pic, so not as good as the top one...............

l_64103d311e67c9eb216383e31bce73f7.jpg

Rte 65 along Maumee River is nice too, but can have a lot of traffic at times, which really limits the fun. Also.....There was a fatality on it last year :(

I see you're from Miamisburg. I was a Locomotive Engineer 'til about a year ago. Used to love comin' through there on the NS & blowin' through all those crossings hittin' the whistles!! :D

I was a Locomotive Engineer 'til about a year ago. Used to love comin' through there on the NS & blowin' through all those crossings hittin' the whistles!! :D

OMG... they DO exist! I've never known any in real life, but I bet 90% of the time when I tell people I'm an engineer that's the first thing they think of.

Awesome. :cool:

OMG... they DO exist! I've never known any in real life, but I bet 90% of the time when I tell people I'm an engineer that's the first thing they think of.

Awesome. :cool:

Well now you can say you know 2, 'cause SamBusa....the one who's tribal job you were flamin' the other day :D.......He's one too. Buddy Jeff who's down in my sig line was one as well. I learned a hell of a lot from those 2!

Yeah.......It's funny....I used to be a banker and investment rep, but people were ALWAYS far more interested when they found out I was a Locomotive Engineer. Next question is inevitably "So you drive trains?!?" :eek:;) As Sam told me on my first trip with him the day I started...."We RUN 'em....There ain't no steering wheel on here!" :)

Definately gave me some VERY interesting stories to tell for the rest of my life. Railroad's a WHOLE 'nother world/lifestyle!!!

I liked 78 the most, especially once we go past a couple little towns outside Nelsonville....

78 is the shit. going west out of mcconnelsville malta.

its got that big vista too which is always nice to stop at :)

Has anyone ever been out by Tappan Reservoir? I picked up a bike from Pittsburgh last fall and drove through that area; ended up on some very twisty roads. Looked like a really nice area to ride...

Well now you can say you know 2, 'cause SamBusa....the one who's tribal job you were flamin' the other day :D.......He's one too.

Definitely gave me some VERY interesting stories to tell for the rest of my life. Railroad's a WHOLE 'nother world/lifestyle!!!

Ouch, "flaming" is an awful harsh word. If my comments really put a chip on SamBusa shoulder, sorry...my bad, I didn't mean it like that. To each their own, like I said, I can appreciate the time and effort it took, just not my tastes. My favorites are still the pics of the white and orange you posted. :cheers:

So, you planning on starting a thread of what you learned out on the rails? We love stories on here.

And, since I don't want to hijack the thread... my favorite cruise is down through Mohican State Park / Malabar farm areas near Loudonville. Trees and hills - great scenery. More of a leisurely jaunt than knee-dragging, but again...suits my tastes. I'll save my hoon-ish tendencies for the track.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/forests/mohican/tabid/5160/Default.aspx

um you named alot of them but 83 either direction out of coshocton , 751, cr 600 through amish country, 557, 79 to newark isnt to bad, 651 if you like elevation changes, 356? i think i cant remember the number, and there is some around salt fork lake i cant think of right now.

i mean you can use google maps as well as the rest of us. you can clearly see on your route, that you picked the wrong way to go on 555 unfortunately. looks like it got pretty good south of where you met up with it. just look for squiggly lines on Gmaps, thats all i do.

there are tons of squiggly's around coshocton