Sunday May 18th!

gixxie750

If ur interested in riding we will be at the shell station at 10am and will be leaving at 11am. Please wear all ur gear and check ur tires and bike to make sure its safe. The shell in on the AA highway off 275(wilder/maysville exit)go towards maysville and the shell will b on the right. Let me know if ur in!

Its all good. I have some new riders attending this trip and i'm going to be the "controll rider" this weekend to help out all the riders. I dont want any more crashing this year so I am going to help out everyone. I get all my speed needs out on the track and the roads are just to keep me on the bike and to help others.

Hey Brandon have you kind of put a limit on new riders for 22?

After some of my experience with new riders on 22 I won't take a rider with less then 3 months on the bike.

Also you guys need to try out the other side Falmouth to Williamstown. It is more open and not so much of blind entrys.

I went myself after 2 months of riding, but I stuck myself behind a Shadow ACE 1100. That way I could relax knowing that if he made the corner I had no issues on my SECA II 600.

I had a friend who had ridden for 6 months, but no matter what we told him he just rode back and forth to work and never practiced leaning the bike. We thought he was ok, (I thought my dad was going to be infront of him 2 up with Mom on the BMW 1100 RT, but rode behind him). As soon as the bike infront went out of site a few turns later he did everything wrong and ran off at like 25mph in a turn my dad went through with ease 2 up on the BMW.

Had he done one thing right He would have made the corner easy, but he Panicked, Froze, Looked at the ditch, didn't even brake, etc..

If he would have turned his head at minimum he never would have thought he was in danger.

And this was on the open area not the Blind hilly section that Brandon runs.

After that I will not take new riders to that road.

lol you guys....... I went there for my first time riding EVER and was fine. I hit that dog the first time ever on these roads. I know I said "new riders",but to me that means people new to riding with me and the rout. Also everyone has to learn somewhere and I dont recomend The road,but i can help. I just want to introduce people to the roads that got me to love track riding and teach them safety and to leave their ego at the door. Anyone can ride these roads,but it takes self controll to be safe and no one can teach somebody that but themselfs.....

lol you guys....... I went there for my first time riding EVER and was fine. I hit that dog the first time ever on these roads. I know I said "new riders",but to me that means people new to riding with me and the rout. Also everyone has to learn somewhere and I dont recomend The road,but i can help. I just want to introduce people to the roads that got me to love track riding and teach them safety and to leave their ego at the door. Anyone can ride these roads,but it takes self controll to be safe and no one can teach somebody that but themselfs.....

If you are teaching new riders be prepared to run 25mph through the corners, and don't leave them unattended as with my case above.

New riders who have no fundamentals for cornering are not prepared for the challenge of those roads. Had you ridden dirt before the street?

Honestly you think someone who does not know to look through a corner, counter steering, developed no skill to read a corner, what to expect from blind corners, seen a true decreasing radius, or even leaning your body with the bike (not hanging off just not fighting the bike), is ready for that road? There are a lot of good roads in the area that are not as involved as the NKY roads and perfect for new riders to work on very basic riding.

When I say new riders I mean someone who has never truly gotten a bike past the lean angle that is on the kickstand.

10/22 was really gnarly, chris warned me about taking 2 new guys down there, and im glad i listened to him. 10 had tons of hills with blind turns, and just when the turn looks to be in good condition, the apex is a giant pothole. a newb would see that and either grab the front brake, or cross the yellow. and its non-stop for miles and miles, and its gets tiring, i know my brain and eyes will hurt from concentrating so hard after 50 miles of twisties. A new guy could focus on that instead of the road, and it sounds like thats what happened in chris's friend. But yeah, falmouth to williamsburg is where its at! too bad i had to take it slow though, my rectifier plug blew, and me and my buddy had to switch batteries every twenty miles

Hey Brandon have you kind of put a limit on new riders for 22?

After some of my experience with new riders on 22 I won't take a rider with less then 3 months on the bike.

Also you guys need to try out the other side Falmouth to Williamstown. It is more open and not so much of blind entrys.

haha Brandon had me out on 22 within the first week of riding.. and then at the track within two weeks!! He was my teacher lol

All i can say is that new riders have to start somewhere and if they have a good head on their shoulders and the rider infront of them doesnt take them into anything too hot they should be fine! I took jess on those roads and went a decent pace all day and she did very well!

man it looks like rain and even if it nice i will be over in athens ohio but if you reschedule or plan another outing i would love to ride just ask ninjanick i think i kept up pretty good and there were some nice turns out there ive rode a lot in the hocking area around and around here indiana places like that but really no ky i would like to give it a shot ill keep an eye out for the next outing.

man it looks like rain and even if it nice i will be over in athens ohio but if you reschedule or plan another outing i would love to ride just ask ninjanick i think i kept up pretty good and there were some nice turns out there ive rode a lot in the hocking area around and around here indiana places like that but really no ky i would like to give it a shot ill keep an eye out for the next outing.

You'll love it John. I rode down there once and it was some awesome roads for as close as they were. About an hour from me @ 90mph probably.

You'll love it John. I rode down there once and it was some awesome roads for as close as they were. About an hour from me @ 90mph probably.

cops are crazy in ky, and i always see a mess of them in alexandria and on 471 on sundays

we went out on 22 today and damn, I wouldn't suggest taking new riders out on there unless you plan on taking your time. Those are some pretty sweet twisties to play in.

I'm up for a ride there again anytime.

+1

I had a blast screaming through the hills with everyone down there today! The amount of corners and how long and sharp they get are AWESOME!