Search option, search all forums.

Trouble Maker

When one searches right now they have to choose which forum they want to search. Sometimes I only remember the fact that a tread existed and can't remember which forum it was in. Or I know a person made a post I want to go back and read, but it wasn't within their last 50 post, but again I can't remember which forum it was in. This makes it very hard to find and the search function much less useful in that case.

The function is available, but I have it turned off. The board is based off of archaeic Perl scripts, and a search of all forums at once puts a huge load on the server. Thus, I only allow a forum at a time for that reason.

This winter, I will be collecting donations to purchase a Vbb license to upgrade the board to a SQL based version, and it will run much faster and allow the server to better process a multiple forum search.

Originally posted by 98.9% stock:

The function is available, but I have it turned off. The board is based off of archaeic Perl scripts, and a search of all forums at once puts a huge load on the server. Thus, I only allow a forum at a time for that reason.

This winter, I will be collecting donations to purchase a Vbb license to upgrade the board to a SQL based version, and it will run much faster and allow the server to better process a multiple forum search.

All that crap sounds like Greek to me :confused::rolleyes: , but if it means that the board will run better and faster, I'll jump in for 5-10 bucks.