Pure hotness...

black00ws6

just out of curiousity, whats the difference between a mid engine car, and a rear engine car. seems to me that in both of them, the engine sits behind the driver. so, is there some other criteria?

also, i think that in terms of performance, the ford gt is way up there as well.

Originally posted by Orion:

just out of curiousity, whats the difference between a mid engine car, and a rear engine car. seems to me that in both of them, the engine sits behind the driver. so, is there some other criteria?

It's the placement of the engine in relation to the rear axle. This is why a Porsche 911 is considered a rear engine car, yet a 914 is a mid-engine.

Originally posted by MRMEANR:

TT Z06 > TT S7

Not even a contest. Cost is about 400k less, and makes more power, weighs less, and runs quicker ET's... dunno why anyone would buy that S7 except for looks.

TT 5.0 > TT Z06.

An old 5.0 can be souped up to run with a TT Vette for a tenth of the cost. I'd still take the Vette though.

This goes back to the age old arguement of pure speed versus rarity. Why buy a Ferrari 360 for six figures when an '03 Cobra with sufficient mods to wipe the floor with it will cost 100k or even 200k less?

if you want something run of the mill ordinary, get the cars listed.

If you want an exotic, you're gonna go with the other car. Personally If I had the money i'd still not purchase either of them anyways, i like rarity but it's not worth 400k to me.

T.c.

Originally posted by B1ackout:

TT 5.0 > TT Z06.

An old 5.0 can be souped up to run with a TT Vette for a tenth of the cost. I'd still take the Vette though.

This goes back to the age old arguement of pure speed versus rarity. Why buy a Ferrari 360 for six figures when an '03 Cobra with sufficient mods to wipe the floor with it will cost 100k or even 200k less?

Though i agree, the Stang will run the 1/4 just as fast... no way itll corner with the vette. Turning is important around the race track :D

Originally posted by MRMEANR:

TT Z06 > TT S7

Not even a contest. Cost is about 400k less, and makes more power, weighs less, and runs quicker ET's... dunno why anyone would buy that S7 except for looks.

I oughtta smack you for even comparing the two cars.

First off, look at the interior. No way does the Z-06 interior even come close to the saleen. The fit, finish, and shape of the seats, dash, and center console are simply amazing.

Secondly, the S7 has a carbon fiber body. Again, that is peeeeeeimp.

The S7 features 15" 6 piston breaks upfront and 14" 6 piston breaks in the rear.

I am aware that the new Z06 is supposed to have a bad-assed frame, but it simply won't compare with this.

The S7 includes a DVD/LCD tv complete with a rearmounted camera for reversing.

And to top it all of, the S7 looks much better and has a much greater panty drop effect. And you know.. that's not to mention that it creates more downforce, less drag, and has a superior suspension.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

"America’s first (and still the only) mid-engine exotic supercar."

No, that would be the Vector W8. And the Vector M12. Though neither would perform at the levels of the S7, they are still considered rare, exotic supercars.

Still a cool car though.

Not to mention everything Mosler has ever built.

Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

I have always like the S7, but if you are going to spend a few 100K why not spend a little more and get a Enzo?

Because you have to suck

Ferrari's dick to get one. Not to mention that I believe actual price is closer to $1mil. You have to have owned at least 2 ferrari's before for them to consider selling you an Enzo.