Kenne bell cobra vs s/c Z06

Sam1647545489

Is this the one where the the Z06 driver says "See ya," only then to watch the 03 Cobra maintain the half-car length on him?

If so, this is a good video, although the Z06 driver is a jackass. (If I remember correctly, he also does something of a ricer flyby after the second race - i.e., after the 03 Cobra lets out of it - and then turns on his hazards.)

Originally posted by DropTop:

Did I se the Vette driver reaching for the hazards???

Actually, to confirm, I just watched it - and it is the video I was thinking of. And, yes, that ass of a driver in the Z06 put on his hazards.

This video was posted up on SVTperformance.com for a while. Here's some tidbits that I got from there that I'll share with you:

-the Z06 guy sold the Z06 not long ago (if you notice, in the video it shows that it's for sale);

-the Z06 guy is now supposedly going to purchase a S/C Viper;

-the 03 Cobra guy said that, for that race, his CAI or something was acting funny and that the car wasn't running optimally;

-also, the 03 Cobra guy normally runs a shot of nitrous, but wasn't that night; and

-the Z06 guy got flamed majorly on the SVT site for the "See ya!" and the "I would've started yanking on him" comments.

Originally posted by Venomss:

the Z06 guy got flamed majorly on the SVT site for the "See ya!" and the "I would've started yanking on him" comments.

A corvette guy get flamed on svt performance? Nahh....

Really close race!! All too bad the Cobra has the aerodynamics of a barn, and the weight of my momma. :(

I wonder how he can spray through a KB blower without hurting the rotors.

Originally posted by nate dog:

You may be surprised at how many non-SVTers (e.g., people who have Vettes, Camaros, Vipers, Supras, etc.) are on that site. In fact, the Z06 guy himself was on there and was actually defending (or tying to defend) some of the comments he made in that video.

I wonder the same thing.

Originally posted by Venomss:

Actually, to confirm, I just watched it - and it is the video I was thinking of. And, yes, that ass of a driver in the Z06 put on his hazards.

This video was posted up on SVTperformance.com for a while. Here's some tidbits that I got from there that I'll share with you:

-the Z06 guy sold the Z06 not long ago (if you notice, in the video it shows that it's for sale);

-the Z06 guy is now supposedly going to purchase a S/C Viper;

-the 03 Cobra guy said that, for that race, his CAI or something was acting funny and that the car wasn't running optimally;

-also, the 03 Cobra guy normally runs a shot of nitrous, but wasn't that night; and

-the Z06 guy got flamed majorly on the SVT site for the "See ya!" and the "I would've started yanking on him" comments.

sounds like a bunch of ricer excuses. If your car isn't running how you want it don't race. And how is it a ricer flyby when he's in front. (second race)

Originally posted by Doug:

sounds like a bunch of ricer excuses. If your car isn't running how you want it don't race.

Don't kill the messenger - I'm only passing along the information. For the record, I agree with you here.

Originally posted by Doug:

And how is it a ricer flyby when he's in front. (second race)

Because he's in front only because the Cobra clearly let out of it. Then, to put on the hazards as though he walked the Cobra (when, in actuality, he put maybe a car on him in the second race), just makes him look like a jackass. Clearly, the Z06 guy was so preoccupied with winning that he made several preemptive gestures (e.g., saying "see ya" in both races, the hazards, etc.) without justification.

Um, the Vette was ahead the entire race in the second vid...No ricer flyby...

And, just to think about, run whatcya brung. The Vette guy had less boost, HP, and TQ, and still won.

The guy in the stang shouldnt have raced if his car "wasnt running right."

Excuses = lame.

-Marc

Originally posted by MadMalibu:

Um, the Vette was ahead the entire race in the second vid...No ricer flyby...

The Z06 was ahead by, oh, about half-a-car that second race. Then the Cobra lets out. Yet, the Z06 stays into it, and then apparently proceeds to turn on his hazards. All of this taken together falls within the realm of "ricer flyby."

Also, agreed, excuses are lame. But, I hope you're not confusing my relaying information that I gleaned from another post on another board as providing some excuse/defense for the Cobra.

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> Meh. Good vid, I guess. Night vids do suck, and add that to shitty cameramen and you're done.

BTW that Cobra looks ALOT like kevin's... including the neighborhood it was pictured in at the begining. Hmmm....

I really wish I had 600+rwhp.

Those rims were pretty sweet, yet I'd probably rather have chrome stock wheels. Pretty good race, and the "see ya" and flashers were pretty gay.

Originally posted by Drunkendubber:

8#'s on a z06 = gay

19#'s on a cobra that can only "maintain" on a z06 getting weak boost and 100 less hp = gay

If a Z06 could handle 19#'s and it would actually help, maybe he would be running it. 550rwhp is 550rwhp, whether he's running 8lbs or 25lbs. Losing in a race to a car with 60hp less, better aerodynamics, and better high-end gearing from a roll I don't think warrants a "gay".

it was a close race. power to weight ratio is about equal on both cars. so i say it was a greta match.. proves once again though.. that the 30k Cobra is = 55k z06

hmm which is better for the money.. lemme think

Really close race!! All too bad the Cobra has the aerodynamics of a barn, and the weight of my momma. :(

What was that question I remember from the summer of 2002? Oh yes... "Blow an LS1 and see what happens". Guess we did. the Z06 driver was a cock, he deserved all the flaming he got. I remember a few comments about him on the vette boards also. A general tool.

Lotta Cobras are spraying. For cooling more than anything actually. Read up at SVTPerformance.com