Dear Hondahaters

P_t0wn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ImprezaWRX
Originally posted by Notchback:

Hondas don't suck... They are a top selling vehicle for some reason....

Cause they last much longer than any domestic with out paying for parts all the time.

Originally posted by ImprezaWRX:

Cause they last much longer than any domestic with out paying for parts all the time.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **choking laughing** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Man, talk about someone falling for some marketing bullshit. Tell that to the little stock Honduh motor in my garage w/ a big hole in the block. Or the motor swap we did on my roomate's old Accord not too long ago where the cam seized in the motor.....then the NEXT motor only lasted 2 months (lower mileage longblock). :rolleyes: Or the fact they rust like nothing else. Let's not forget that half of them are made w/ paper thin metal, and breathing on the wrong will ding them.....nice.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA **choking laughing** HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Man, talk about someone falling for some marketing bullshit. Tell that to the little stock Honduh motor in my garage w/ a big hole in the block. Or the motor swap we did on my roomate's old Accord not too long ago where the cam seized in the motor.....then the NEXT motor only lasted 2 months (lower mileage longblock). :rolleyes: Or the fact they rust like nothing else. Let's not forget that half of them are made w/ paper thin metal, and breathing on the wrong will ding them.....nice.

Dang, I actually agree with Joe

Dude, you've fallen for a marketing ploy.. sorry to tell ya.... Hondas are like any other pushrod motor... except they are slower tongue.gifsmile.gif

my ex still calls me all the time asking me to work on her Honduh Accord (which seems to have something wrong with it every other weekend)

Here's a homework assignment for you... look around on the streets... do you see any more early 80's Honduh's than any other type of early 80's car? or hell... let's get daring... even early 90's...? NOPE.... I actually see less early 90's Civic's or Accords than I do 1st gen Eagle Talons or Mitsubishi Eclipses....

now, I'm not dogging on Honduh's or anything.... I originally posted that they suck just picking fun cause.. well, that's what I do... but you really should look around...

MARKETING OWNZ J00! :D

Guest ImprezaWRX

Its expereience and observation. Of course they are slow, but I have had 2 hondas. Both had over 200K miles an ran fine other than the burning small amounts of oil and needed nothing replaced other than timing belts. A frind of mine has an accord with 180K with 0 problems.

Compared to the mustang I had stopped running at 160K and the camaro I had that stopped running at 125K. Both needed new parts every souple of months including master cylinders, water pumps etc. Call me rice or whatever but 99% of hondas will out last and cost less in the end than most domestics.

so you got lucky with a honda and unlucky with two domestic cars ask jason fowler about his 200,000+ mile mustang or ask buckeye about his 300,000 mile ford van some cars last and some don't it all depends upon weather and how well you take care of them

Or ask about my dad's 93 GMC Safari. Untouched original auto tranny and motor, I think she is on 290k miles now. Biggest expense, fuel pump.

Or my dad's 84 S-10. It finally died at 300k miles, body rusted away to nothing (it went through a lot of work use). Original tranny, motor, CLUTCH, etc. Had the rear-end go out in the 200 something k miles due to never changing the fluid (fluid in tranny still original). Regular oil changes are about the only thing this beast has ever gotten).

My roomate's 94 Mustang GT. Has a few bolt on's. I think it's at 185k miles right now. He bought it at 90k. So far he's done a U-joint, waterpump, tie rod end, and that's about it, other than normal wear items on any car, like brake pads. Whoopie. Very inexpensive, easy to do items. That car still runs SOLID, and is his very dependable daily driver. Original tranny, rear, motor, and he's never done the clutch in it, so that has at least 100k on it, if not much more.

Do you need more examples. These are all cars of people CLOSE TO ME, not some douche bag across the country over the internet. I can't use my Formula as an example, simply because it is far too modded. My Blazer was a badly abused hunk when I bought it, so that had problems. My Jimmy has been great. My CRX I had was a piece (and this was an 86 I bought in 95). That car loved to suck down parts, especially for me not putting that many miles on it.

Just because you hear some reputation about Honduh's being these great, long lasting cars doesn't mean it's true. My mom's 95 Civic she bought brand new. Has maybe 70k on it now, and is driven VERY easy. Both CV joints have died. Both battery terminals have required replacement. Exhaust rusted apart. Paint faded badly (except for where it was repainted from being keyed), even though it has spent some of its life garaged. Not to mention needing the full slew of general maintance items (brakes, tires, batteries, etc.). I'm not saying this is a bad reputation, and nothing really serious has went on it, but it sure isn't some bulletproof car.

Guest Dark_Viper01
I had a 85 dodge ram with an automatic tranny, the tranny lasted to 249,000 miles lets see a honda do that, let alone haul and tow stuff with that tranny for many of those 249,000 miles.

Figured I'd throw in my 2 cents. BY FAR, the worst maintenance car, truck, bike, or van I have owned was an 87 Accord.

Half shafts x 4

Timing Belt x 3

Clutch x 3

Radiator

Alt.

Water pump

... all before 140k miles.

They (at least the older models) are junk.

Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

All cars have issues and Hondas are no different.

I had a 98 GTP Grand Prix that went through its transmission at 64K. All makes have issues.

+1 I hear that. All cars have issues but it just gets old when people talk about how long thier honda will run. My 94 silverado has 115k on it and I have done nothing to it. It runs perfect and I am hard on it. I also know a guy with a 71 Javelin with a 360 that has over 280k on it and has had very little problems. The engine runs but does need rebuilt but in my book anything that runs to 250k is a winner. Just my 2 cents

~Erik

Originally posted by TurboD:

id bet there are more hondas with over 100,000 miles then any other domestic brand.

cool i take that bet, now go find me a reputable source to back it up instead of just throwing dumb statements around

heheheh I think you guys should stop driving busted ass cars with tons of miles.... smile.gif

but to add to the debate the 88 vette i just bought runs like brand new with 127,000 miles on her...now theres a domestic piece!!!!!