REAL Focus SVT

Cougar1647545494

clicky

Don't know if you've seen this or care, but I found it pretty bad ass. They swapped 2.5L Duratec motor into a Focus and slapped on some SVT parts as well. Honestly, they're dumb for not going w/ the 3.0. As the engines are very similar and would have required little if any more work for a lot more power.

I've seen this done w/ zx2's also. That much power in such a little car is pretty sweet. They even used the cougar gauge cluster. Talk about a compact engine bay.

Originally posted by integranator:

hmmm i like to think that the 03' cobra conversion is the better of all those models.

Also the easiest. And the cheapest. Gives you a great F/R weight bias. The SC fits under the hood with only a slight bulge required. The body well needs no modification for the T56 tranny or the driveshaft - the existing well fits it fine.

There are pickup points for the Cobra's IRS in the rear.

This isn't by accident. The SVT team admitted they had "something in mind" in 02 that got shitcanned as a project as Ford picked up other product development...

Plus that conversion has already been done by several folks, so you're not doing something different just to be different and sucking up all the costs associated with it. And you'd end up with a car that'd outdrag all but maybe 2 cars on this board, and'd outtrack all of us. (Tires permitting) - even the elitist low power track snobs. - and you 240 guys know who you are graemlins/finger.gif

I've got a vid at home somewhere of one of these slaughtering all comers; civics, 240s, 300s, vr4s, couple vettes, even an old clapped out 911 that was hauling ass. In one track outting. All passed like they were standing still (the old porsche put up a fight though).

http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/rs8/normal_rs86.jpg

http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/albums/userpics/rs8/normal_rs83.jpg

http://www.streetracersonline.com/gallery/logo.php?picturename=albums/userpics/rs8/normal_rs8.jpg

is that focus european? that's def. one hot focus i'd like to have.

The svt 2.5 puts out 200 not 170, but than again i don't think he changed the c/r, cams, ecu or whatnot to make it an svt.

I can't believe you can fit a cobra motor in there, shit, if you can fit that in a focus why the hell not my car?

I didnt get to see under the hood, FRPP had a crazy Focus out at SEMA this year. I doubt it was the one above, but it was for sure V8, RWD, and loud as shit. They had a drifting course setup and were beating the hell out of it for 2 days straight and drifting it. I have some video, but my damn camera is broke so I cant get it on here right now.