Officer Saftey

Jackson1647545504

Originally posted by desperado:

Probably put into protective custody for being susicidal. Figured he was a danger to himself so he got arrested.

Although I'm having difficulty understanding you, I'm fairly sure you're wrong.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

He couldn't have been in too much trouble, he wasn't cuffed, wasn't patted down, and the cop gave him a drink and left his crap sitting next to the guy on the table.

I agree.

My first thought was that the guy was being brought in for questioning on some matter, maybe something related to child molestation. The questioning part would explain why the guy wasn't cuffed or what have you. The molestation part, which is a big stretch, would potentially explain the suicidal behavior. My second thought was that the guy could have been drunk or high on any number of drugs (although, admittedly, he didn't appear floridly intoxicated in that minute or so we got to observe him). In any event, we could probably guess and estimate and hypothesize for days and still be horribly wrong, but I still love psychological autopsies, the whole activity of thinking about things like this forensically and postulating on stuff.

BTW, for those that haven't watched this, it can be disturbing: you see a man shoot himself in the temple with a handgun, killing himself instantly. Blood pours profusely from his gunshot wound and from his mouth, and his body continues to convulse.

Can we add some kind of death warning in addition to the NWS? If you are into that its fine with me(you sicko :) ) but I probably don't need to see anyone else die. I am up to 3 in that past several days and its a little much for my delicate brain.

Thanks,

CJ

Originally posted by suffocateXfaster:

I figured he was going to grab the keys and try to at least beat the one officer up. But holy fucking christ.

Yeah, tha'ts what I figured. He pulled out the gun. I'm thinkign "oh, it's going to off hte officer".. WRONG. :eek:

Originally posted by Venomss:

[qb]Probably put into protective custody for being susicidal. Figured he was a danger to himself so he got arrested.

Although I'm having difficulty understanding you, I'm fairly sure you're wrong.

In the state of Ohio, it is a crime to kill yourself. If you are deemd a danger to yourself you can be arrested. I was saying that the guy was probably standing on a ledge somewhere, about to jump. They talked him down, took into custody, and figuring that he probably wouldn't have a gun being as he was about to jump off a building they never checked.

Either that or he was wanted for some serious federal shit that he wasn't up for doing the time on. He got arrested for some bullshit thing and brought in. Figuring that he the cops would figure out who he was soon enough he decided to checkout and spare himself the jail time or whatever.

Personally I can't think of a single reason that I would do that, short of severe suffering and KNOWING that I was dying anyhow. I can no longer understand the motivation that people have to kill themselves.

Originally posted by Ricochet:

Jackson what the tittyfucking christ?

NOBODY click his first link.. the second one is cool though smile.gif

Now I'm compelled to click the first link, just like I looked right at the sun during the solar eclipse when my grade school teacher told us that, under no uncertain terms, could we look.

I haven't clicked it yet - what is it?

In the state of Ohio, it is a crime to kill yourself. If you are deemd a danger to yourself you can be arrested. I was saying that the guy was probably standing on a ledge somewhere, about to jump. They talked him down, took into custody, and figuring that he probably wouldn't have a gun being as he was about to jump off a building they never checked.

Well, if you kill yourself, then why would they bother to arrest you? Kind of hard to book a corpse. tongue.gif

I recall once that the law provides a penalty in the event of a suicide that allows law enforcement to treat the burial like that of a prison inmate in for murder. No public burial will be allowed and only immediate family members shall be allowed to attend.

I don't know if it's been ever been used to that extent. Maybe for someone who killed some other people and then themself :confused: