2009 VMAX released.

NinjaNick

2009%20Yamaha%20Vmax.jpg

New 2009 Yamaha V-Max: Official pictures

By MCN News Desk

This is the first official picture ever seen of Yamaha's new 2009 V-Max - and you can see many more in Wednesday's MCN (May 28, 2008).

The Yamaha V-Max won't be officially unveiled until June 4.

Although details are still sketchy, we're expecting the new Yamaha V-Max to be the world's fastest accelerating production motorcycle, regaining the title its forerunner held when it was launched back in 1984.

A standing quarter mile in under 10 seconds is expected, thanks to a massive V-four engine, expected to be at least 1800cc, and more than 200bhp.

For all the pictures and more information of the Yamaha V-Max, see Wednesday's MCN (May, 28, 2008).

Source: Motorcyclenews.com

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/mcn/2008/1-4/26-31/may27082009-yamaha-vmax-revealed/

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's way heavy and not aerodynamic at all. The busa and 14 still have it beat in performance, but this VMAX is the ULTIMATE cruiser with the best performance in that class! I'd sport one for a cruiser! :cool:

According to your source they won't. Maybe overall performance, but it looks like it'll have the straight line on lock.

According to your source they won't. Maybe overall performance, but it looks like it'll have the straight line on lock.

There's guys running low 9's on stock 08 busas and 14's. Power to weight ratio doesn't compare and overall performance. I just wanted to share the news, not argue the obvious brother man. :p

I see they did change the exhaust from the prelim photos I did a survey on. Looks good.

If they up the performance and can get traction I wouldn't be surprised to see some very low 10s.

Hell they ran 10.85 in 1985...

200 horses! holy crap!, i hope it's a chain drive. I had an "86" and the shaft lash was almost uncontrollable during a burn out, the rear always kicked to the right......bad!

BTW- "85" was the first year for the Max.

So 210 at the crank ...Knock that down to 170 at the wheel ... Take another 5 hp or so off for the drive shaft ... Soooo 165 HP at the wheel and it will weigh in at over 600 pounds !!! :eek:

NO damn way is it going to run with a stock zx14 ... I can see it just busting into the 10's with a light weight pro jocky ....I can't wait till some guy buys one and pulls up next to me and tells me he owns the fastest bike in the world .. I'll be gone so fast he will need a telescope to see my tag .... :lol:

I think the ZX10, 1000rr and gsxr1000 will hurt it too.

But for a cruiser! It is BADASS!:cool:

So 210 at the crank ...Knock that down to 170 at the wheel ... Take another 5 hp or so off for the drive shaft ... Soooo 165 HP at the wheel and it will weigh in at over 600 pounds !!! :eek:

NO damn way is it going to run with a stock zx14 ... I can see it just busting into the 10's with a light weight pro jocky ....I can't wait till some guy buys one and pulls up next to me and tells me he owns the fastest bike in the world .. I'll be gone so fast he will need a telescope to see my tag .... :lol:

I think the ZX10 and gsxr1000 will hurt it too.

What no love for the 1000rr?...dick. :D

I think the ZX10 and gsxr1000 will hurt it too.

If it's truly 165 at the wheel and 600 pounds, I'd put my ZX10 up against it.

Then again..this is more of a cruiser type or ride. For a cruiser....not bad at all. I don't know too many Harley's on the road that would compete with me in performance.

Then again..this is more of a cruiser type or ride. For a cruiser....not bad at all. I don't know any Harley's on the road that would compete with me in performance.

Fixed that for ya.

I hear a mid-life crisis coming on!:wheelchair:

This is the type of bike that will produce many mid-life crisis "issues". It is a cruiser for the poser. That being said, I WANT ONE!!!!! or, I would at least like to take one around a track, just to see what it can do. :burnout:

I'd be careful making a statement like that. Unless my eyes were deceived when I saw your last run on the dyno. You might end up with a V-max glued to your ass if not in front of you down the 1/4. :D;)

Oh....and I didn't know Honda was still making CBR1000's. Huh.

I'd be careful making a statement like that. Unless my eyes were deceived when I saw your last run on the dyno. You might end up with a V-max glued to your ass if not in front of you down the 1/4. :D;)

Oh....and I didn't know Honda was still making CBR1000's. Huh.

Here we go again.

Stock ZX10 is 155. My ZX10 makes 165. And I'm still producing power when the limiter hits. My bike, if it were stock, would be more then 150 lbs lighter. Since it's not stock, I dropped about 20 lbs getting rid of the exhaust.

What's your point? And please don't give me a comparison to your bike. Suzuki is on a two year cycle, just like Kaw and your bike was the first year of that cycle. That would be like me comparing the new ZX10 to your dyno #'s. You'd lose.

Easy there big fella....you'd win due to the power/weight ratio alone. And I didn't say anything about my bike in the comparison. That would be silly because I know I'd win. :thefinger:

And show me a dyno sheet of a new ZX10 putting down over 174.....:roll: