Older computer stuff

Tractor

Anyone know where I could get some older computer parts or a whole computer. Around 800Mhz. Not a very big drive or alot of RAM or anything. Its probably going to be torned apart and put into my vehicle to work as a monitor for my GPS system. Maybe some light in car internet use also.

Evan

Yeah I have alot of really really old shit, but nothing that will run windows 98 even. I mostly need the basic stuff to get windows, IE, and some map software running. Nothing much. Also need wireless internet capability.

Evan

Evan, an old laptop may be what you are wanting. It could be torn apart and mounted into the vehicle a bit easier than desktop components. I was just thinking about this the other day :D

Oh, and wireless networking is only a USB port away. You may also want to consider, there are a couple cell phone companies that offer a PCMCIA card that connects to their network, supposedly giving you cable speeds anywhere in their service area. I know that T-Mobile and Sprint are offering this, but I don't know much else. That may be something to consider.