Panasonic Palmcam Digital Camera PV-SD4090

gillbot

Review here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/sd4090.html

GREAT camera and the ONLY option for floppy disk camera unless you want a Sony Mavica. This one can use the 120MB diskettes though, which will hold like 500-1500 images! Note: This will use BOTH regular floppy disks AND the 120MB diskettes!!!

What's included:

Camera (1.3 MegaPixel)

Rechargable Battery (Still holds great charge)

Battery Charger

ONE 120MB Floppy Disk

USB Cable to connect camera to PC

Power cable to connect to charger so it can be run from a wall outlet (If I can find it)

Software and Manual (If I can find it, I'll look for it IF there is intrest)

I also have a 3.5" 120MB Superdisk drive I may be convinced (meaning $)to toss in with the camera so you can add it to your PC and copy images directly from the 120MB diskette instead of using the USB cable. I also have another diskette or two that will go with the drive if wanted.

Camera will do video and has a 3x OPTICAL zoom. Optical zoom is true zoom and is MUCH better than digital zoom, digital zoom only "blows up" the existing image so you aren't gaining anything but a grainy image.

Anyone is more than welcome to stop by and check the camera out.

One downfall of the camera, for some reason with a battery installed the camera continually accesses the diskette so the batteries will drain out. I usually just pop the battery out when the camera is not in use so drain isn't an issue.

Price $100 obo

ok, since my pc decided to take a crap and I need some $, I'll let this thing go for $70 without the LS-120 Drive. With the LS120 drive and 2 EXTRA 120MB Disks $85. CASH only and you pick it up.

hmmm, I will look and see what I can come up with. I know I have some DELL DDR memory, butI don't remember the manufacture off hand. I will get that info tomorrow. How big a drive?? and as far as CPU, cooler running or better cooling? I can see about getting a really good solid copper heatsink and fan a buddy has. He went from it to water cooling and is a big time over clocker and this heatsink worked well for him

Originally posted by Desperado:

hmmm, I will look and see what I can come up with. I know I have some DELL DDR memory, butI don't remember the manufacture off hand. I will get that info tomorrow. How big a drive?? and as far as CPU, cooler running or better cooling? I can see about getting a really good solid copper heatsink and fan a buddy has. He went from it to water cooling and is a big time over clocker and this heatsink worked well for him

I have a Shuttle XPC so the cooler is built in. I need a cooler running CPU not a different heatsink. Let me know what ya have, I'm not using this camera anymore, I got a new 5.0MP one. ;)