The Supra

Guest 00Smurf

Guest 00Smurf

First thing's first, no, this is NOT Nic, this is Kasie. I'm having seirous problems with the Supra and I need help.

THe supra isn't running right. I don't know car motors as much as others and I don't know what to do. I've had a few people look, the only ting thye can point out is vaccum lines undone, if I knew where they went, sure I'd fix it.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v215/nyteblade/Problems/

Password is: guest

I need any advice possible. It wont let me over 2-3000rpm, it's backfiring, smoking, choking on air somewhere.

The engine is rebuilt and installed by SlowMotion Motorsports. Since then it's had an oil and boost leak.

Any advice would be great.

Guest 00Smurf

I traced them, found about 5 unconnected, a few plugged at the end, no cracks or air bleeding.

The lines I found unconnected, I don't know what they're supposed to connect to.

Guest 00Smurf

I seriously don't remember what engine it is, Nic bought it off one of the guys on this board.

I found something, it's not exactly helpful though, just shows the hoses without telling me what they're for. Now it's too damn dark to go look.

Guest 00Smurf
Thanks, I'll try to check it out tomorrow. One thing I know that's missing are the vaccum line to the EGR... which is also non exsistant, I know what it stands for, but what's it mean when it's not there?

Guest mudbutt
it is a 7mgte.... Is there a check engine light? it sounds most likely to be a intake leak, vacuume lines wont usually cause as bad of symptoms as you are describing, Mine ran ok after I blew a few off, but if the accordian hose is off or one of the intercooler pipes. That can cause it. Send me a pic of the lines and the relative area and Ill try to explaign where they go.

Guest HooberSi

There's been a check engine light for awhile. Here's my codes so far:

24 : Air Intake Temp

25 : Air Lean MAlfunction

31 : Air Flow Meter

34 : Turbo Pressure

41 : Throttle Position Sensor

51 : Switch Signal

At least that's what we got the other day, they vary sometimes.

51 I know, Nic took the A/C out.

41, I havn't reset the TPS settings since I got a new one, may be the problem with that.

I'm stuck on all the others.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nyteblade/Problems/DSC02917.jpg

I think that's where most the problems probably are. I'm nto sure where to check if the AFM is plugged in. There's a hose top left plugged off, and the EGR isn't hooked up I guess?

BTW, I'm in Pickerington.

Guest mudbutt
The egr being unhooked is fine. The motor has the proper block off plates. It sounds more like an afm problem. check the plug going to the thing behind the air filter, that is the afm. Also look for air leaks after the turbo.

Guest 00Smurf

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nyteblade/DSC02924.jpg

I don't know what these go to. And the filter horribly needs cleaned.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/nyteblade/DSC02926.jpg

Didn't find anything else unplugged, but I found something that looked like it was missing a vacuum line? I'm really not sure.

I do have the diagrams though, and yes, replacing every single line in on my list. Best place to get them? And is there a certian type I need or certian size?

Guest mudbutt
dont get new lines for the egr, as the actual valve is no longer there, it has been blocked off. the 2 harnesses in the pic go to nothing. Have the hose gomming out of the turbo to the intercooler checked out, as that was the problem when nic got the car and it acted similar. Make sure the afm plug is on tight and unhook the battery to reset the codes. If it is still getting the afm and air temp codes the afm is likely bad.. I have one.

Guest 00Smurf

I replaced the AFM. Still giving me horrible problems. I'm getting more upset and frusterated than anythingelse.

Idles at 400rpm when started, chokes on air from somewhere, won't let me to higher rpms and dies on and off.

I think I need someone to look at this car, I need help, bad.

Guest mudbutt
clear and check the codes. If it is still an afm code then either you have an IC hose that has blown off or cracked, the afm isnt completely plugged in or the ecu is bad, which is the least likely. double check the tps and go over all of the IC pipes isnd the accordian hose(turbo to afm)