bb mustang over heats

Guest Removed

What radiator is in it??

What carb do you need rebuilt?

As far as fans.. All the fans in the world aren't gonna help if you are running a radiator for a small block or worse yet for a 4 banger mustang. I figure that you know thins but I am going to mention it anyway.

i think lean makes the car run hotter, my uncle has a 429 in an 86 with a 4cyl radiator and his does fine. black magic makes very slim fans that i bet would fit. check jegs or any mustang catalog out. how hot is it running? bad thermostat possibly? are you already running a belt driven fan?

Guest Removed

griffin 2 row rad ,2 fans 1 16" 1 10".no t stat

flow restristerive been trying them all 2 bottles of water wetter

p.s. im starting 2 think the heads gaskets are on wrong

This is almost gonna sound stupid, but I did it so it can happen. Are you sure that the fans are pushing the air from front to back. I went through a new water pump, radiator, two stats, a stat restrictor and a week of headaches at 220 plus degrees. The car would be fine sitting still, run out at a max of 170, even holding the motor at 3500 RPM for 10 minutes. The minute I put it on the street it got hot as hell. I finally was working on it one night and felt the air blowing out the front. Only reason I noticed it is the car was hot and the air was warm. I blew some smoke down behind the fan and out the front it went. I realize its' a long shot. But I have a buddy running a 514 in a Fairmont that don't get hot with the same radiator you are running so you shouldn't be having problems either I wouldn't think.

fan shroud and air flow across the radiator. i personaly have a 1969 429 in my truck with a stock fan and a radiator for a 351m the only time it runs hot is when i have cheap fuel and lugging the engine with heavy loads9keep in mind that this engine is also a leaded gas engine and is 11to1 comp)even with an electric fan it is possible to have bad air flow through the radiator. keith has a point with the smoke use a smoke bomb with the fans on and see how and where the smoke is pulled to. also it will let you see where the smoke is going or if it is being trapped under the hood. latent heat is a killer.

Guest Removed

im putting 4 fans onthis pig 2 dual 10"fan sets set 1 front at top the other on the back side bottom

that should do it damn it

if not its the head gaskets