loud ass screeching noise.

Nate1647545505

Well,

Among the 5000 bugs that are coming out of the wood work, is a loud as screeching noise (belt noise)

My alternator decided to take a dump on me, so, replaced that using the alternator pulley that came with the remaned` unit. Now i have this terriblely loud belt screeching noise. It comes in and out idle, very appearent if I stab the gas.

I figure something, maybe a tensioner is binding? The associate at NAPA wanted me to buy belt dressing when I bought the alternator? I figured it was just a sales pitch, maybe I'm wrong on that. The engine does slow down, like something is binding though.

:confused:

What say you experts of sie belts?

Do NOT buy belt dressing. That shit is nasty and will not come off of your engine. With the engine running, get a bar of soap and rub it on the underside of the belt. If the belt quiets down, it needs replaced. I would recommend a gatorback. Good luck.

Oh, and BTW, PM me your new #, we tried to call you on Saturday.

Originally posted by Swirl Marks:

Do NOT buy belt dressing. That shit is nasty and will not come off of your engine. With the engine running, get a bar of soap and rub it on the underside of the belt. If the belt quiets down, it needs replaced. I would recommend a gatorback. Good luck.

Oh, and BTW, PM me your new #, we tried to call you on Saturday.

Thanks Eli for the tip. I shall try that. I'm ordering a new tensioner and belt just in case. Figure it can't hurt.

PM sent, foo.

Originally posted by TurboRust:

that squealing noise is you lighting up the tires...back off the gas damnit. pm me your number too I still want that race

Haha, yes you will get your race when I can drive the car longer for 10 minutes without findind a problem smile.gif Pm sent to ya, ya heard