Mustang AOD Problem

BlackC50

I have been having problems with my transmission lately of it not wanting to stay in Overdrive. I drained the fluid and put a new filter on and it still is acting up. Its weird because if i stay acelerating it does fine but if i let of the the throttle then hit it again it falls out of gear, anyone know why this could be happening?

Does it shift into neutral or third when you have trouble? What did the old fluid look/smell like? How much shit was in the fluid?

When my OD band burned up the fluid smelled horrible and turned dark brown. Only fix was a rebuild. Car would drive OK, I would try to accellerate in OD and it would just rev, wouldn't go any faster.

Well the fluid wasn't that bad, there was a little bit of shit in the bottom of the pan and it smelled like normal tranny fluid. What happens is If i keep on accelerating it shifts gears fine, but if i let off the throttle and then go to hit it again it falls out of gear and just revs, if i keep the rev to about 4500 rpms it hooks again and takes gear.