95 civic tranny swap

Guest stracer28

Guest stracer28

I have a 95 civic, but it is an automatic. I would like to change it to a manual, but people tell me that it will cost about $6000 to do. Could I just buy a complete new engine and tranny and swap the stock motor out or what can I do?

[ 04. June 2004, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: stracer28 ]

thats retarded,it can't possibly cost half that.even with labor.unless your swapping in a sequential or something. you don't need a new engine to do it, just the transmission,clutch/flywheel,clutch pedal assembly,maybe the MT brake pedal assembly.and some wiring.you'll also need a p28 ECU or equivelant.search some more on some honda boards,i bet you can find a decent writeup somewhere that will allow you to do this yourself.

you need the trans the flywheel the pedal assembly both clutch and brake all the cables the shifter the console you also need to look and see if the speed sensors are different and take the harness from the donor car if they check and see if the trans mounts are different and a manual trans ecm. I'm doing this to mty shadow right now and have less than 200 bucks in it. your price will depend on where you find the parts at I got everything I needed at u-wrench-it so it was cheap. good luck

Guest stracer28

would i need the whole brake assembly or could i just get the pedal or cut down the automatic one and are the axles the same on the auto as they are for the manual

[ 11. June 2004, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: stracer28 ]

• 2 weeks later...