Chassis twist

desperado

Finally felt comfortable with the Camaro enough to launch it hard a couple of times. I am finding that it's damn squirrely and I am getting ALOT of body twist. Since I have neither put the nitrous on it yet, or even started tuning the motor (carb still jetted for the 350 and timing is set at 25 degrees of advance and is locked out)

I need to figure out something short of caging the damn thing to stablize the chassis. Any ideas. I have already tied the frames together front to back.

Tie the frame together even more. smile.gif When you say front to back, is that just basically a boxed piece of steel running from the front to the back?? Perhaps make a copy of something like this. Those are what I have on my car; obviously you can't use them, but could give you some ideas at least. Mine are VVEERYYY sturdy; biggest/strongest set of subframe connectors made for the 4th Gens....and sadly, easily the heaviest.

Could try fabbing up your own shock tower brace as well.

We usually get all our tubing from tubular Techniques. Thay may not be the cheapest place but thery are convienent. Desperado, if you do not want to put the cage in yourself them we can probably do it for ya. We would need to look at the car to decide a price though. We have done a bunch for people.

I appericate the offer, It's really not the cage that I am concerned with, I have all the tools, TIG welder, tubing bender, notcher and all that crap to do the job. It's what happens while I do it. I start with a cage, it will turn into a 12 point cage, because it's a unibody I will need to put in outriggers both front and back. With the work required to put the rear outriggers in, I will be better off to come clear across. At that point I will decide to go buy a 4 link for the car, and then it will be getting *** Ford 9 narrowed, and new rims and tires and on and on. I can afford to buy tubing, it's the rest I can't do right now that I will find the money for anyhow tha I need to be spending on the truck I am building. I just know that I will get overkill with it, and the car will be down for weeks. But I still might do a cage and try to remember that I can't do it all right now.

the last pair of subframe connecters that i did the kid didnt want to do a cage. so to help i made a couple of cross braces and tied to the rocker panel lip. i also tied the driveshaft loop into the ties (includind welding the loop togahder since he bought a cheap one)i woild also do the air bag to preload the car. but you could also fab up a x brace between the rails and have your drive shaft loop incorperated into the x brace. plus if you dont mind holes in the firewall add a bracd from the strut tower through the firewall to the rocker panel area. and fully welding the rocker lip would eliminate a lot more flex.