Intake Piping Help Needed

Prodeje79

So I got my supercharger kit now.

It is for a 5th gen maxima and I have a 4th gen.

This means I need a custom "charger pipe" and a custom "intake pipe".

This would be a REALLY good time to do a FMIC or AWIC, but I do not have the money. ALso it has been seen that the loss in psi hurts more than the colder AIR advantage.

It looks like I am going to be able to get a used charger pipe, so that is not a big deal now. My main concern is the intake pipe.

The key point is that I will be using a z32 maf and JWT says it needs to be at least 18 inches from the blower inlet.

Can anyone help me? :>

The stillen kit was designed without a IC.

This would purely be an extra.

These has not been any true success of someone ICing a stillen sc kit for a maxima.

Turbos are another issue of course.

I am not cheaping out, this is an extra that has proven to give loss in power.

I have read many debates and understand why ICing is usually better if it is done properly.

I would need to run a smaller pulley to compensate for this psi loss or so. I do not want to run a smaller pulley since I am raising my rev limiter.

I would like to not debate that now. :>

intake pipe should be pretty easy.odds are you just need to midify the one you're getting.and it doesn't hold boost.so extra silicon connectors won't hurt. if you need a filterplate for the Z32 i got a real nice one with a filter off ebay for >30$

I find it hard to believe that the reduction in charge air temperature seen with a intercooler/aftercooler doesn't more than offset the pressure loss. It may just not be evident on a dyno where there isn't much flow over the cooler.

Very good point about the dyno results.

The real world result of putting a IC maxima vs a non IC maxima resulted in the non ic winning. Of course this could be due to many other factors, such as poor piping or leaks or whatnot.

I agree the physics are on the ICs side.

One particular maxima dynoed 290 hp without the intercooler and 260 hp with it.

Right now it is agreed to drop a pulley size and you are all set anyway.

About the pipes, I decided to not alter the pipes so that if/when I sell my kit to get a turbo ICed kit, I can then sell it to both 4th gen and 5th gen maximas. :>

If it can be done without damaging it, that would be a good idea.

My other concern is routing the BOV recirc.

Is anyone willing to help me with this intake issue? I plan on doing the install over the April 16th weekend. I think the main issue is having a pipe bender?

• 2 weeks later...

OK I am planning this for the weekend of 4/23/04 now.

I have someone from Indiana coming to help since he has done this on a max before. He is getting his FMIC installed as we speak so I can have his charger side pipe.

This guy here: http://www.cardomain.com/id/requin6 had a custom mandrel bent charger pipe and intake made for around $100/$150. He said he can have one made and sent to me, but I would much rather have someone local do it. RL is up to the task! :>

OK I am getting this guys custom pipes. He is selling his SC kit off his beater maxima. He still has his turbo maxima.

I am trading my Greddy Type S BOV for his Blitz BOV though. Is there any reason why I should not trade BOVs? The custom pipes flange is for the blitz and not the greddy.

Here is my pipes and good pics of how the SC is mounted.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=283181