turbo for a 94 GS eclipse

DrEvil3264

Guest jpurdy2003
It's not exactly easy, and it'd probably be cheaper and easier to sell it and buy a turbo DSM. The NT 4G63 has higher compression, a weaker fuel system, and other major differences that I'm too tired to remember right now. However, it has been done. If you have a 1.8, it's damn near impossible.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by 04636Ninja:

well it is the 2.0 4g63 so not the 1.8, but i mean couldint i get a turbo off a wrecked GST?, would it cost that much to upgrade the fuel system and what not?

Many have tried, most have failed. I would not recommend this for anyone but an advanced mechanic who is doing it solely for the challenge involved. There is much more involved than just the fuel system. The internals of a NT 4G63 are not designed to withstand forced induction.

Spray the live daylights outa it... smile.gif

But if i were to attempt this (now dont take my word on this) i would start here:

a t-25 with stock 2g manifold (if those dont fit then there are plenty of places that can fabricate you a manifold, custom piping with a side or fmic witchever you would want larger injectores stock 2gturbo injectores if they fit might work if not there are plenty of companys that make all sorts of injectores an afpr, 190lph pump, some sort of AFC... thats just where i woul start if i was really serious

im sure the motor could handle low boost such as other nonturbo cars that get turbo kits slapped on them can but i would be causious

id advise you to just sell the car for an already turbo car, you will e much happier in the long run

I have been thinking of doing this myself. The only think that may be a factor/problem here is when you ad a turbo to a carmen vortex style mass air flow car is, the ecu reads that intake carmen and with the added turbo is of course going to pull in more air and change the stock fuel map's at a large rate, so the addition of an afc to tune that along with some bigger injectors/fuel pump it may work.

Also adding a turbo will effect your motor's timing. On a stock turbo dsm it has a nock sensor that of course sences for nock to pull timing, if you dont have some way to pick up that nock you will definatly ping and burn some stuff up, unless you find some way to rig up a timing retard system from MSD?

I have other ideas around the total swap of wiring harness for a turbo car to a na setup if you want to pm me we may work on this together and see if we can get this little idea to work! Needless to say we can brainstorm and do it I am down!

Thanks,

Dan

yeah i mean, i think this would be a fun project, only im pretty short on money, and i was thinking that maybe i might beable to get a turbo for around $500, and do it myself. Also, does neone know how unreliable my car will end up being, it has 92,000 miles on it now. Also im only 17, and the car is in my dads name so trying to convince him will also be another issue...lol

Guest mudbutt
Originally posted by 04636Ninja:

yeah i mean, i think this would be a fun project, only im pretty short on money, and i was thinking that maybe i might beable to get a turbo for around $500, and do it myself. Also, does neone know how unreliable my car will end up being, it has 92,000 miles on it now. Also im only 17, and the car is in my dads name so trying to convince him will also be another issue...lol

If the car only has 92k on it and is in good shape, you should be able to get a decent amound of money out of it. With that plus the $$ for the turbo setup, you can buy yourself a decent turbo car, possibly even AWD. The higher compression, lack of oil squiters and engine managment not designed for forced induction make this not worthwile. you also have to think of the small things that add up. Coolant and oil feeds, returns, lines, IC and piping. Time, time, and time. Sure you can piece it together, but you will end up with a motor in pieces. As fram says, spend a little now, or a lot later.

Guest mudbutt
we have a 1g talon awd 94 green with tan interior at work. 120kish on body 5k on motor, good trans and clutch. Body isnt too bad interior is good other than some wear on the drivers seat. Asking 3500. 937-533-1730

Guest XxClipSeRacNxX
it really wouldnt be worth it on stock internals. yes, even though your only paying 500 for the turbo theres a lot more to turboing a NT then slapping a turbo on it especially if you dont have much money. Check out www.columbusdsm.com as someone said before. Theres alot of people on there who have turboed their NT before so you'll know what to expect.

Originally posted by XxClipSeBaBygUrLxX:

Theres alot of people on there who have turboed their 2g NT before so you'll know what to expect.

Fixed. FYI, the 1G had 2n/a engines in them, a 1.8L and a 2.0L, as far as I know, both Mitsu engines. The 2.0L, as a few people have already stated, is a 4G63, just not the turbo version, quite a few differences. The 2G had, I believe, only 1 n/a engine option, this was the 420A. The 420A is the same 2.0L DOHC engine they put in the Neon’s. This is the one a few people on CDSM have turboed. Not trying to be an ass, I just don't want him going on there asking for info from people who have turboed the n/a 4G63 and no one there has (that I know of).

I wonder if one could put a 4G63T, FWD tranny, ECU, wiring harness into the NT one, this would probably be the way to go, by far. Just swap everything out, but then you'd probably still be better off selling yours and buying an already turboed one. You could probably find a 91 fwd wrecked, but with everything else Ok for <$1k for sure if you looked around good. You would also learn ALOT doing this.

Guest Harris92
Buy a turbo dsm. Turbocharging a nt dsm is not really worth the time or trouble, there are just too many factors. A first gen turbo awd is very comparible price wise to a nt first gen. You also can get awd ;)