"Clutch Slipping"

Guest Rane

clutch slips in third and fourth gear a little. what i mean is when you hit the gas in these gears it doesn't grab a hard as it should. not sure what this could be.

Anyone know what this is how to fix it and or price range it normally cost?

normally i would jump in here and say bring it over..but i've banned s13's from my garage. dropping the tranny is a bitch.i can't think of what the book says for time but it's gonna be about 5 hours+250-400 for parts.

Originally posted by GAS,GRASS,OR ASS:

how many miles clutch maybe starting to wear out

I do clutch jobs if you need it done

this is kind of an odd question but next time you do a clutch, would you mind letting me sit in or help you. i have done everything else on a car except a clutch. i know how they work, i just have never worked on one. just pm if you know when you might be doing one.

thanks brandon

Originally posted by still2high:

this is kind of an odd question but next time you do a clutch, would you mind letting me sit in or help you. i have done everything else on a car except a clutch. i know how they work, i just have never worked on one. just pm if you know when you might be doing one.

thanks brandon

no problem :cool:

changing the clutch is the easy part its bolted to the flywheel. getting to the clutch is what makes things interesting. :D

Originally posted by still2high:

thanks brandon

I'm putting in a new clutch and I need an extra set of hands.. the tranny is already out, but lifting it back in is a nightmare if you wanna help :D