Lincoln Issues

Guest AlpineFox

Guest AlpineFox

heres the specs 32 valve 4.6 intech (280 hp *big grin)

ok, got a few issues, maybe someone might have a scan comp with trans code capability that can help out.

car stalls at idle, lopes occasionally, I *think* its mass air sensor but I cant run the codes but I have an SES light on steady.

car likes to jump out of gear and downshift unless under a bit of load, trans is good fluid is good gears shift properly, rebuild doesnt help.

lastly the car is limited at 120-125 (limiter has slop O_o) anyone got a trick comp that can help me get rid of that? its sad sitting at 3200 and having the car buck down.

help would be appreciated

It could be the trans computer or main computer or as simple as a sensor. Since you do get a light I'd wait for someone with a scanner. Or you can take it to autozone or advance auto, they will scan your code for free. I'm not sure how detailed they can get though.

Guest AlpineFox
yeah thats my issue, I can give them a shot, I think its gunna be a sensor issue, it changes with climate, I really should go up there anyhow and get some tune up stuff. seasons just been so hectic the conti has been put on the back burner

Stalls at idle could be a few things unless you can feel the car stall because its trying to stay in gear with the wheels stopped. In that case theres probably a solenoid going bad in the transmission. Not hard to fix, but I'd get those codes checked first.

Evan