Pitt Daytrip....June 14th

Fonzie

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We was just going to rev it up as we passed but we thought that would be just to cruel...:repent:

:lol:

yes they cancelled AGAIN! They are burning up all my vacation days...

Dude......Can't you just find out what day the bigger towns offer it, and ride there to take it unscheduled? IIRC.......ours does it on certain days of the week. You just show up & get in line/wait your turn.....and we're only a town population of ~ 40,000.

You're over by Akron/Canton/Cleveland/Youngstown....right? That way you quit wasting your vacay days, and maybe you could still get it in this week, so you can go with us Saturday

anywhere I've looked you have to schedule it ahead of time, and it's usually in the morning on a weekday...

looking again:

Ashtabula county:Tuesday 17th 9:00 am

Trumbull County: Tuesday 24th 9:00 am

Lake County:Thursday july 3rd 10:00 am

Geauga: Tuesday july 1 10:00 am

either way, i'm still burning vacation

either way, i'm still burning vacation

I realize that, since it seems they still have a set start time, but at least this way you've got some options based on weather forecast. Can you register for several different ones/days to cover your bases, or do they put you in a statewide computer system that shows you've already registered for one at another location, & won't allow anymore?

I'm a bit new to the boards but count me in. I hit Rt.30 and Rt.9 quite a bit since I live fairly close to that area. Sounds like a pretty good time and twisties are always fun. I have a friend in Toledo but he doesn't ride at all.

I'm a bit new to the boards but count me in. I hit Rt.30 and Rt.9 quite a bit since I live fairly close to that area. Sounds like a pretty good time and twisties are always fun. I have a friend in Toledo but he doesn't ride at all.

PM me your email addy Max so I can add you to the email updates this last few days

First part of the storm just started rollin' through here 'bout an hour ago.....Hopefully 24 hours is enough time for it to clear. Gonna watch the noon news in a few

What town's was that one Duane? Mine was Toledo's. It's gonna be close!! If I call this due to weather......It's probably gonna be last minute due to the storm movement. Looks like it's still heading NE, which bodes well for us.

Did you get the last email OK?

cam4_WTOL_00001.jpg

OK......Partial change in plans here. With the weather lookin' good in OH,but shiddy for Pitt tomorrow, Dweez has offered to take us south from his meet point on 30/9, to some roads he knows heading over to the Coshocton/Columbus area.

We're gonna postpone the Pitt part for a few weeks. Earliest I can do it is the 28th

Okay, here's a map of the possibly updated trip.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=8435432761145005211,40.279143,-81.876352&saddr=Hanoverton+OH&daddr=400+N+Whitewoman+St+%4040.279143,-81.876352&mra=cc&dirflg=h&sll=40.539895,-81.400452&sspn=0.761854,1.752319&ie=UTF8&z=10

This also may open it up for more Columbus peoples since we'll be damn close anyways. The roads down are awesome, all are recently paved, with no major holes or damage to speak of. From Hanoverton it's a published 2.5 hr ride, but even a a leisurely pace I cover it in about 2 hrs.

On a side note, early Ohio settlers were VERY un-creative with the names. Like Newcommerstown, Crooksville (bet that was hard to settle).

Also on a positive note... There is a Sparta OH. I SO want to make a trip there just to get a pic in front of the sign! and you know someone painted "THIS IS" above the SPARTA! :lol:

Back home safe & sound 'bout an hour ago. GREAT day ridin' & hangin' with new friends. Trip's showin' 460 miles...From Findlay to Canton to Coshocton to Columbus & then home! I'll post pix, etc in next day or 2....Probably not tomorrow. Got a b-day & Father's Day to celebrate! FYI....the Mobil station at Tuttle Crossing is quite the happening place on a Saturday night!! evilgrin.gif

Just got pulled over by a Statey right down the street from my house :rolleyes::nono:

Duane, Ben, Shiddy, John.......Good to meet you guys. Thanx for comin' out & rescuing Helen Keller today!

Trapp....Great route down to Coshocton....even if I did go offroadin'!! ;) Thank you Jesus!! eusa_angel.gif

Shiddy.....Thanx again for savin' my wallet!!! :bow: Good ridin' with you

Ben.....Hope your eye's feelin' better! Sorry you didn't get to enjoy the best part of the ride. Let me know if you need to use my applicator tube again!! :lol: Here.....I got'cha a little sumpin' sumpin' for next time. I'll send them to your new tarpartment.......................

41H6Z6V0N7L.jpg

Worst possible daytrip ever

1. We got that asshole dweezel leadin the way, riding like my grandma

2. Helen Keller can't keep his shield sealed...

3. Fonz seems to think the blackbird is a motard/dual sport

4. The music was terrible at the restaurant...:supergay:

what a joke...

[/satire]

Actually it was a great time, thanks fonz for the invite, it was great meeting you guys...:metal:

okay, i wasn't joking about the music, it was bad..

just thought you guys should know that i went to the ER last night and they took out my eye. i keep running into things now, and ive got a slight headache :(

U had me at ER.........for a sec ;)

You kept wandering around aimlessly anyways last night, so bumping into things isn't much different. I hope you're just funnin' here, or at the very least....They put your eye back in when they were done! :wheelchair:

And Duane......Boy George ROCKS!!! I was just wishin' it was Karaoke....and that they could've gotten the Vagina Channel on TV like we'd asked :cool:

Sounds like you guys had a good time. Really wish I coulda got the day off work...

Like I said.....We're gonna try & reschedule the Pitt part in the next few weeks. Dweez was already askin' when we were comin' back to do it again!! :D